PDA

View Full Version : William Nightingale

marquette
28-02-13, 20:19
Name - "official" name and what they were known as
William Nightingale

Date and place of birth
abt 1700, some say Aston, Warwickshire, but I don't know if that's because it the only one in the IGI. I will have to go and look at some old paper notes

Date and place of baptism - if applicable
not sure

Details of each of his or her marriages - if any
married Elizabeth Ireland 17 April 1729, Kingsbury, Warwickshire

Occupation(s) - if any
farmer, I think

Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!).

All children baptised at SS Peter and Paul, Kingsbury, Warwickshire
James, William, Elizabeth Thomas, Josiah, Nathaniel, Ann and Charles.

Link to Nathaniel 4xg gf:

Date and place of burial.
30 Apr 1753, Kingsbury

Details of will / administration of their estate - if applicable
Memorial inscription - if any
None known

kiterunner
28-02-13, 22:24
Surname is spelt Knightingall on his marriage - some of the Warwickshire parish registers are on ancestry, including Kingsbury There don't seem to be any Nightingales or Knightingalls etc baptised at Kingsbury around the time William is likely to have been born.

Kingsbury is very close to the Staffordshire border so maybe he was born in Staffs? Or Leicestershire?

marquette
05-03-13, 03:49
Yes, Kite, I have considered that, but not investigated.

Theres a William Nightingall baptised in 1710 to Thomas and Sarah in Tipton Staffordshire (well, there's 3 - 1707, 1709 and 1710) but I did wonder if he was too young.

No others come up in the IGI, but I have not yet investigated other sources of Staffordshire parish records, or other places like Leicestershire and even Worcestershire, which might be closer than AstonJuxta.

Di