PDA

View Full Version : Meet the Izzards

Shona
17-02-13, 01:01
Looks interesting - a genetic version of WDYTYA. Eddie Izzard has had his maternal and paternal DNA analysed and goes on a journey to find out where his genes came from.

BBC1, 9pm, Wednesday and Thursday.

Guinevere
20-02-13, 06:33
I love Eddie.

crawfie
20-02-13, 09:51
My OH went to school with him - says he was an individual even then!

Olde Crone
20-02-13, 23:05
I can't stick him, personally, but wanted to watch this if only to pick holes in it, lol. Missed it!

OC

Guinevere
21-02-13, 06:37
Really enjoyed it.

maggie_4_7
21-02-13, 08:14
I just remembered it I set it to record.

Rachel
21-02-13, 09:01
Missed it ******

maggie_4_7
23-02-13, 14:48
I thought these two programs were very good. I have blue eyes my father had piercing blue eyes from the photos I've seen - my mum had hazel eyes which tended to change colour a lot i.e sometimes light brown with a green tinge sometimes darker brown and occasionally very light fawn with a very green flecks - I like the idea that blue eyes originated from the Black Sea region.

I'd like my DNA tested too I would be fascinated.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/how-one-ancestor-helped-turn-our-brown-eyes-blue-776170.html

I like Eddie Izzard too seen him live he's a great observationist but most stand up comedians are.

Shona
23-02-13, 15:09
I thought these two programs were very good. I have blue eyes my father had piercing blue eyes from the photos I've seen - my mum had hazel eyes which tended to change colour a lot i.e sometimes light brown with a green tinge sometimes darker brown and occasionally very light fawn with a very green flecks - I like the idea that blue eyes originated from the Black Sea region.

I'd like my DNA tested too I would be fascinated.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/how-one-ancestor-helped-turn-our-brown-eyes-blue-776170.html

I like Eddie Izzard too seen him live he's a great observationist but most stand up comedians are.

I have green-ish eyes and reddish hair (age has faded it!). The OH has one green eye and one brown eye. He has black hair, but if he hasn't shaved for a few days, his stubble is clearly flecked through with red. Most of our ancestry is Scottish and Irish - 13 per cent of Scots and 10 per cent of Irish have red hair with 40 per cent of Scots and 46 per cent of Irish carrying the recessive red gene.

I've seen Eddie live, too. I took the OH to see him as a birthday present last summer. It was a small venue in Soho - probabaly less than 100 people. Quite a few stand-ups use this club to try out new material before going in tour, so it's good-value.

Nell
26-02-13, 16:31
I thought this programme was a bit of a mess - partly the history of all humans, how we all came from Africa etc and partly Eddie's own DNA mix. It explained blue eyes but not hazel ones etc. I had a lot of questions that weren't addressed in this but it was enjoyable.

I especially liked Eddie painting all the ladies' nails in the first episode and how thrilled they were!