PDA

View Full Version : 192.com query

Kit
12-02-13, 01:50
has anyone used this site?

I've found my second cousin once removed on this site. She is living with her daughter and SIL but I haven't bought any credits yet to find out where they live.

It has the 2003-2004 electoral roll. Does that mean they have not moved since?

If you have any suggestions/advice please let me know.

Janet
12-02-13, 03:34
That's how I found one of my cousins in England, Toni, but I never did pay any money. I think I started from 192.com but then I just kept pursuing one Google search after another using bits and pieces of the hints I found until I had what I was pretty sure was a current address. I think they turned up on a recent charity donation list or something, I forget now, but it turned out I was right because I wrote her a letter and got back an ecstatic answer.

Going to bed now, but if you get stuck and want help you could always PM me. Can't guarantee anything but I would try.

Kit
12-02-13, 04:33
I'll PM you Janet thanks.

Anyone else that wants to try let me know. :)

Kit
12-02-13, 05:50
woohoo Janet I have the address. Google is my friend. :)

If I was incline to spend 5 pound I could get her company financial reports as well. Scary.

JBee
12-02-13, 07:01
Trouble with electors rolls these days is that a lot of people choose not to be shown on the published ones - so 192 don't pick them up. However is usefull to see what years they refer to when show results.

Also I've not been with BT for a long time but still used to be in the telephone directory. However I fairly recently found I was no longer in the directory so in effect I'm ex-directory.

Kit
12-02-13, 07:16
192 gave a partial address from the electoral roll and I found the full address on the BT site.

I'm just not sure whether to address the letter to the daughter or mother. I want the mother but she may have died. I can't find a death notice though.