PDA

View Full Version : Living person search???

Sue at the seaside
11-02-13, 18:56
I've been trying to trace one of my bridesmaids, haven't been in touch for 35 years;( Since we got all those free credits on FMP I saw they have a list of "current" addresses, and I found a possible on there, as long as she hasn't married, it's looking good. But there is also an entry, in the same village, on 192.com. which is likely to be the most recent? On 192.com, she is living with 2 others with the same surname, on FMP the other 2 are at the same address as 192, but my friend isn't there, but living alone. I think the other 2 are her parents.
So the question is, which address should I write to?

Shona
11-02-13, 19:10
Write to both addresses?

Shona
11-02-13, 19:11
Have you checked whether she has married?

kiterunner
11-02-13, 19:15
I thought that FMP used 192.com's databases? Also I thought they showed the year it was from on 192.com.

Sue at the seaside
11-02-13, 19:21
Have you checked whether she has married?

I can't find a marriage, but she does have Northern Irish ancestry, so if she had married, she could have married there. When I last saw her, her parents and younger sister had returned to Ireland, she had no intention of going back there, but if your family are there, who knows? I do suspect that her family came back here though, I'm sure NI was not as nice as when they left originially, they returned at the hight of the troubles!

I have wondered about writing to both, the two addresses are only a stones throw from each other.

JBee
12-02-13, 07:05
If you can find the telephone number of the neighbour I'd give them a ring. Heir Hunters do that!!

Rachel
12-02-13, 09:20
I would write to both addresses.
'Phoning, out of the blue, after such a long time would be a shock and I always think these things should be taken slowly.
If you get no response from a letter, then you could then try 'phoning.

Is she on FB ? Have you googled ? an initial approach via the internet would be useful

marquette
13-02-13, 08:32
A while ago I looked for my bridesmaid, who I had not seen for many years, on facebook. I knew her married name, but there were several. I looked at each one and discovered amongst her facebook friends, her brother, who had a quite distinctive surname. I sent her a message just to say hi, but did not ask to be her friend. At least I know where she is and she knows how to contact me if she wants to.

Rachel
13-02-13, 11:06
Just remembered, before Christmas I found an old friend on Friends Reunited.
That would be another place to try. Some people on there give their maiden and married names.

There's also 'LinkedIn'

Sue at the seaside
13-02-13, 18:23
Just remembered, before Christmas I found an old friend on Friends Reunited.
That would be another place to try. Some people on there give their maiden and married names.

There's also 'LinkedIn'

I found a ref. to her ( or who I think she is) on FR. it was rather nasty comments about her as a teacher by some of her pupils! from that I assume she acheived her ambition of teaching, I then found "her" at a college of FE with an email address, emails to that were returned as undeliverable. emails to the college were not answered. These latest addresses are in a village very near to the college! (no where near we grew up or where I think she first taught!)

I have started writing a letter, last time I checked FB there were no matches, I'll have another look!

It would not surprise me at all to find she didn't marry.

Sue at the seaside
13-02-13, 18:28
Oh my goodness, she is on FB, she wasn't last time I looked.

Just need to carefully compose a message, there is no doubt it's her, her school is listed as is the college that I thought she taught in! about 70 miles apart!

Rachel
13-02-13, 18:29
Best of luck Sue