PDA

View Full Version : Newspapers on FMP

BlueSavannah
08-02-13, 14:43
Hi, I was wondering if once you had saved a page from a newspaper on FMP, can you somehow just cut out the article that you actually want? I've found a very interesting piece on my great x 4 grandfather but its right in the middle of the whole newspaper. Wasnt sure if this is something that can be done at all.

Shona
08-02-13, 15:14
You could print it, scan it and then paste the image into a Word document, then use the cropping facility.

BlueSavannah
08-02-13, 15:29
Thanks Shona. That is probably the only way it looks like.

kiterunner
08-02-13, 15:45
I would use the Snipping Tool (if you have Windows Vista or above) or if you have an older version of Windows, press the Print Screen button, then open Microsoft Paint or whatever similar software you might have, paste the screenshot into that, and then crop it there.

BlueSavannah
08-02-13, 16:22
Thank you Kite :)

I will definately try that.

Janet
09-02-13, 00:16
Kite has described what I would do. I would only add one tip I didn't know until lately, which is to hold down the Alt key while you press PrintScrn if you want to copy only the one active window, not the whole screen. If you size your window to fit just the bit you want you'll have less to crop in the end. Less unwieldy. I sometimes run into problems with the Paint application when the file is too large to "Save as" and this avoids that.

BlueSavannah
11-02-13, 12:09
Thank you Janet :)