PDA

View Full Version : FamilySearch trouble

kiterunner
28-01-13, 08:53
In the last few days, I have found that when I search on FamilySearch using Internet Explorer, I just get back a message that says "We are unable to display search results due to technical difficulties. Please try searching again in a few minutes."

If I use another browser, it will bring back the search results, but I am also having trouble with the Opera browser because it doesn't show the Spouse search on there.

This is happening on both my desktop computer and my laptop. Any ideas why this is happening and how I can fix it, please?

ElizabethHerts
28-01-13, 08:59
I don't think it's browser-related, Kate, because I have occasionally had the same problem and I use Firefox. It hasn't happened often, but often enough to irritate me!

If there is a solution I'd love to know it!

Shona
28-01-13, 09:18
I've had the same problem using Internet Explorer on a laptop. Can't recall this error when I've been using an iPad. However, the search boxes are misaligned.

ElizabethHerts
28-01-13, 09:41
One major irritation on Ancestry is the results of a probate search. The link to click on beside each name isn't the correct one - they are shifted upwards! So I have to work out which one I need to click on.

kiterunner
28-01-13, 09:49
Which probate database is that on, Elizabeth?

kiterunner
28-01-13, 09:55
I've posted the question up on the FamilySearch Indexing forum's general board in the hope that someone on there knows the solution. I have just tried logging into FamilySearch on Internet Explorer and that made it work, but it doesn't really seem like a satisfactory solution especially since it could happen to people who haven't got a FamilySearch account to use.