PDA

View Full Version : Is ancestry acting weird for everyone?

kiterunner
25-01-13, 16:55
I keep finding when I try to search any individual database that it will only let me browse, not search. Is it doing the same for everyone or just me?

Chris in Sussex
25-01-13, 17:23
It was the same for me but only for parts of the site.

For example the 1851 gave me the search boxes but not the 1871.

This is using the old search as I do not like the 'new' search facility.

Just tried again and it seems to be OK....Hopefully it will stay that way!
Chris

Lemon Nelly
05-02-13, 22:17
I have had problems too it is quite slow just now

maggie_4_7
08-02-13, 08:27
I can't access the pedigree chart it starts reloading and constant egg timer.

Edit: Solved by downloading Firefox 18.0.2

kiterunner
22-02-13, 22:31
I'm getting lots of error messages when searching databases tonight - "the website cannot display the page", "the service is unavailable", etc.

Shona
22-02-13, 23:12
I'm getting lots of error messages when searching databases tonight - "the website cannot display the page", "the service is unavailable", etc.

Not getting that error message, but it keeps logging me out. Grrr.

Shona
22-02-13, 23:12
But I am getting those sorts of messages on Family Search.

KiwiChris
23-02-13, 19:22

Doing this to me right now, it is such a pain! Luckily FMP seems to be working.

maggie_4_7
09-03-13, 14:32

I am now getting this constantly. I have cleared cache and cookies so many times it works for a bit and then problem loading page starts again.

I have now resorted to IE which I hate I use Firefox I prefer it to all the browsers my next choice would be Safari.

Zoemcdougall
09-03-13, 17:45
I'm having the same.problems, also my tree page is showing a different format that usual.

kiterunner
21-03-13, 14:38
Today it is showing nearly all databases as locked on my search results although it does actually let me view them, and some of the searches seem to be working differently from normal.

Shona
21-03-13, 14:44
I've not had any problems today.

Zoemcdougall
21-03-13, 15:06
I haven't had any problems today either.

Merry
21-03-13, 15:08
Today it is showing nearly all databases as locked on my search results although it does actually let me view them, and some of the searches seem to be working differently from normal.

That's what I'm getting.

JayG
21-03-13, 20:10
Freebmd, 1881 census and the databases indexed as part of the World Archives Project are the only ones that don't have a lock on them for me. Luckily I can view all the databases with locks on.

kiterunner
13-06-13, 17:12
Ancestry won't load for me at all at the moment - is it the same for everyone?

Terri
13-06-13, 17:14
Same for me. Just came on here to find out if anyone else couldn't get onto Annie.

Shona
13-06-13, 17:19
It wasn't loading in my Apple devices. Although it wasn't loading on the laptop, I've now accessed it via Firefox.

kiterunner
13-06-13, 17:21
Phew, seems to be o.k. now.

KiwiChris
21-06-13, 06:53
The old search set up suddenly seems to have changed on me as I was busily doing something, Now it is asking me where they lived and a year range rather than born and died options, what do I do if they were born in one country and died in another? That option has suddenly gone.

Is anyone else getting that?

kiterunner
21-06-13, 07:04
It's the same as usual for me, Chris. Have you got a "Go to old search" link to click on? If not then try clicking on the "Search" tab at the top of the screen and you should get one.

KiwiChris
21-06-13, 07:48
It did not look like the new search option and I still had the "go to new search" option.
As suddenly as it went weird on me, it went back to the search I am used to seeing! So all back to normal again!

Sue from Southend
21-06-13, 08:11
The old search set up suddenly seems to have changed on me as I was busily doing something, Now it is asking me where they lived and a year range rather than born and died options, what do I do if they were born in one country and died in another? That option has suddenly gone.

Is anyone else getting that?

I recently got that after I'd clicked on a GF members link! I assume that the member used the new search and Ancestry thought I'd changed my mind on their New Search. I did experiment with it for a while to see if was any better - but it's not :(:d