PDA

View Full Version : Parrott news!

ElizabethHerts
08-01-13, 10:16
Wow, I found this on the National Archives website,

MISCELLANEOUS [no ref. or date]

Printed pedigree of Parrott family and connections [including Dell and Barker]. D-PC/161/1 C20

2 items

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/a2a/records.aspx?cat=008-parrott&cid=-1#-1

It's definitely the family of the brother of my 3x great-grandmother Anne Parrott.

I wonder how far the pedigree goes back?? I don't know the parents of John Parrott who married Jane Rose and produced John, Anne and Jane. After the children's father John Parrott died young (1790) the three children appear to have been brought up by Thomas Rose, their grandfather, with uncles and aunts assting. A couple of the Rose uncles were solicitors and John Parrott went into the same profession, sponsored by them.

I must get over to Aylesbury pretty quickly!

ElizabethHerts
08-01-13, 10:21
Two of John Parrott junior's (solictor) children married into the Dell family.

Joseph married Maria Sarah Dell.
Louisa Sarah married Thomas Dell.
Richard Rose, a grandson of Thomas Rose, married Frances Barker.

kiterunner
08-01-13, 10:32
Wow, what a find!

ElizabethHerts
08-01-13, 10:40
I hope it's not going to be a disappointment, Kate. I have done a lot of research on the family in the past few days and most of the men went into the legal profession. I just hope the pedigree goes back further than John Parrott who was born in 1786.

The Parrott name still continues in the firm of Parrott and Coales:

http://www.parrottandcoalesllp.co.uk/our-people/

Kit
09-01-13, 04:29
Can you buy it online?

tenterfieldjulie
09-01-13, 04:53
Jumps up and down .. ooh ooh I want to come too .. do hope it is a great find Liza.

Shona
09-01-13, 07:14
What a gem to find!

It seems as if there are even more records on the family in Aylesbury.

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/a2a/records.aspx?cat=008-parrott&cid=5-1-1

ElizabethHerts
09-01-13, 07:41
Shona, there appear to be stacks of documents at Aylesbury (Centre for Buckinghamshire Studies). They have been deposited by the firm now called Parrott & Coales, a solicitor's firm still practising, which is 273 years old and must be the firm where the Roses and Parrotts practised.

Julie, R. and I are probably heading over at the end of next week. I need to phone up and make a booking and I'll order the documents I need so there is no wait for them.

Kit, I can't order them online but I live 30 miles away and can get over there easily, as Julie will remember, as I took her there. So I can get to see the records in person and I must remember to take my camera with me to photograph them.

Kit
09-01-13, 07:44
Next week!! You are patient. I'd be going now if I were you.

Shona
09-01-13, 07:46
Next week!! You are patient. I'd be going now if I were you. I'd be in the car now!

Also found this - looks well-sourced.

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~steveabye/ind4152.html

ElizabethHerts
09-01-13, 07:48
Next week!! You are patient. I'd be going now if I were you.

I would if I could. A week on Friday is the earliest I can get there, but it does have the advantage that I can make a big long list of what I need to look at, and in what priority!

JULIE - DON'T FORGET TO LET ME KNOW ANYTHING YOU NEED LOOKING UP.

tenterfieldjulie
09-01-13, 07:53
How long is a piece of string lol
Can't wait to see what you find on your Parrots ...
I am sooooo far behind it will probably take me another 12 months to sort what we found last visit ... grrh

Nell
19-01-13, 04:51
Exciting! I look forward to hearing about your trip.

ElizabethHerts
19-01-13, 07:26
We were meant to go yesterday (Friday) but the weather decided otherwise. We are hoping to go at the end of next week, but until this snowy weather clears there's no hope! We are forecast more snow tomorrow and possibly on Tuesday.:(

Nell
19-01-13, 10:33
Yes, its a white world here in Herts. But not enough snow to either close our school or let the children play outside, just enough to make things slippery.

ElizabethHerts
29-01-13, 19:40
Well, I saw the pedigree!

It is very interesting but unfortunately it was predominantly for the wife's family. It goes back to 1367, so what I would have given for it to be my ancestors.;(

However, it does give me spouses for some of the children for this branch of the family (Joseph Parrott and Maria Sarah Dell's children).

However.... I found a couple of books by Hayward Parrott on Aylesbury and district, and .... on the fly cover is given the fact that he was descended from William and Elizabeth Parrott in Wotton Underwood in the late 1600s! So I have hopefully made the link. I now need to view some more wills to verify this (I looked at 6 today).