PDA

View Full Version : Kiterunner, thank you!

ElizabethHerts
06-01-13, 19:16
You found this for me in 2011. Now I have so much more on this boy.

"FamilySearch has the baptism of a Jno Parot 30 Jan 1786 at Long Crendon, Bucks, parents Jno and Jane. "

I had confirmation of the baptisms of my ancestor Anne Parrott and her sister Jane at Thame, Oxfordshire. I had already earmarked possible parents for them as John and Jane Parrot, who married at Lower/Nether Winchendon.

With confirmation of this information, I returned to the Rose memorial at the church of St Nicholas at Lower Winchendon and then found the will of Thomas Rose, the children's grandfather. Their father died in 1790 and their mother c. 1798.

My ancestor Jane Rose/Parrott had several brothers and I noted that one of them became a solicitor in Aylesbury. I couldn't find John Parrott junior at first, but then I found a marriage with a Harriet Elizabeth Hayward and noticed the use of John's grandmother's name, Susanna. John junior died in 1848 and I have downloaded his will from the National Archives website. However, the breakthrough came when I thought perhaps I could find out about his occupation through Ancestry, and I found a gem.

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/browse/view.aspx?dbid=2380&iid=40180_626640_1345-01522&pid=51875&ssrc=&fn=John&ln=Parrott&st=g

This confirms that John Parrott was working with his uncle Joseph Rose and actually gives their relationship. Joseph was the youngest and 9th child of John Parrott's grandparents, Thomas and Susannah Rose, of Lower Winchendon.

So thank you, Kate. Without you I might not have ever discovered what happened to John Parrott, the elder brother of my ancestor Anne Parrott, later Jeffcoat.

Now the witnesses to her marriage make sense:
John Parrott
Joseph Rose

Shona
06-01-13, 19:32
She's a gem, isn't she?

And what an exciting discovery for you. I get a thrill when people makes such important breakthroughs.

kiterunner
06-01-13, 19:35
You're welcome, Elizabeth! Glad to hear it has all come together for you.

Kit
08-01-13, 07:54
Well done Kate.