PDA

View Full Version : Ancestry membership offer?

kiterunner
01-01-13, 19:52
When I go on ancestry's UK home page, it is showing an offer of "Annual Premium Membership - 3 months free (Discount offer expires 7/1/13 GMT. Auto renewals at standard price)" but I can't see any more info about this when I click on "Sign up now", probably because I have a world sub at the moment. Is anyone else able to see what the deal is exactly, please?

Jackie H
01-01-13, 20:08
I've had an email about this today which is odd because I have an existing sub which is due to autorenew. This is part of the email

"*Three Months Free Offer based on the purchase of an Annual Premium membership at the special offer price of £80.55 compared to the usual Annual Premium membership price of £107.40, a saving of more than £25. Offer available until 7th January 2013 at 23:59 GMT. To ensure you get continuous access to Ancestry.co.uk your Annual Premium membership will be renewed automatically at the end of the one-year subscription period and your chosen payment method debited at the standard rate applicable at the time."

There is a place to click on the email which takes me to my Ancestry account and shows the normal renewal price so I suspect that if I wanted to take the offer up I would have to ring them. I won't be using it though because I have 6 months free with FTM to use

kiterunner
01-01-13, 20:13
Thanks, Jackie. So when they say 3 months free, they mean 25% off the price of an annual sub.

Mary from Italy
01-01-13, 21:17
Yes, I've had the same offer, after terminating my sub (because I also have 6 months free with FTM to activate).

Just Gillian
01-01-13, 23:21
There's also, according to MSE, an offer around for 4 months for £5 per month after a free trial.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4366573