PDA

View Full Version : ScotlandsPeople refunds?

Shona
31-12-12, 11:58
The OH bought me lots of credits on SP as a Christmas present. Enjoying myself dealing with all the loose ends. However, I have found errors and notified SP. For example, when searching for a death for a Jean McIsaac, I got one hit. When I opened the image, it was for the death of Jane Hatton. Her mother was Jean nee McIsaac. SP won't refund me because they say there was a Jean McIsaac on the image. I claim they're wrong. Should I keep up the pressure for an refund? Yesterday I opened an OPR image and the person's birth is not on the page. Wonder how SP will react to that?

Kit
31-12-12, 12:20
If the entry is not on the page they will refund the money and in my case give me the correct page, which was the next page.

I think they should refund the other one but I haven't read their t&c's properly to be certain.

ElizabethHerts
31-12-12, 12:22
Shona, personally I think they should credit you in both cases. I find Scotlands People just gobbles up credits, and sometimes you don't get any further. I went to WDYTYA a couple of years ago and they said in a talk they were considering subscriptions and all sorts of new innovations, but it's gone very quiet since then.

Kit
31-12-12, 12:24
I have always found them fair in their dealings with me, although I don't use the site often as it takes too much money in one go.

JBee
31-12-12, 13:41
I've never had any problems with SP regarding refunding credits - in fact in one instance I ended up very much in credit which I notified them about and they acknowledged but didn't rectify.

I would contact them again and say you're having great trouble with the site - that the image isn't on the page downloaded and ask again about the reason for not refunding the credit for Jean McIsaac.

If Jane Hatton's maiden name was Jean/Jane McIsaac that would be correct search result as women are registered in both their maiden and married names. Jean and Jane are also interchangeable.