PDA

View Full Version : James Riches (probable MMMMMMF)

Michael
28-12-12, 02:39
On my MMMMMF thread (http://www.genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=15515), Kite found the marriage of MMMMMM (Rebecca Riches) which listed James Riches as one of the witnesses. I've subsequently found a baptism record on FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/J95Z-CDD) for Rebecca Riches, with father James, in Norwich at about the right time (marriage 1808, baptism 1787), so I think James is probably my MMMMMMF but can't be completely sure of it.

Name - "official" name and what they were known as - James Riches

Date and place of birth - possibly Norwich, c1760

Names of parents - don't know

Date and place of baptism - if applicable - don't know

Details of each of his or her marriages - if any - to Elizabeth Gask, date and place unknown

Occupation(s) - if any - don't know

Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!). - Norwich at the time of Rebecca's baptism

Date, place and cause of death - don't know

Date and place of burial. - don't know

Details of will / administration of their estate - if applicable - don't know

Memorial inscription - if any - don't know

kiterunner
28-12-12, 13:59
FreeREG has a marriage between a James Riches and an Elizabeth Craske 19 Aug 1773 at St Bartholomew, Heigham, by licence, witnesses Simon Watling and Henry Davy. I wonder whether Craske could be a mistranscription of Gaske (or vice versa). Will see if I can find the image on FamilySearch.

kiterunner
28-12-12, 14:03
Actually, I had to look Rebecca's baptism up on FreeREG first to see what church she was baptised at as FamilySearch just says "Norwich" which is unhelpful to say the least (should be St Lawrence, Norwich, according to FreeREG) and on there it gives her mother's maiden name as Crask so that marriage looks to be the right one. I can't actually get images to load on FamilySearch at the moment to check.

Michael
30-12-12, 18:44
Thanks again, Kite.