Abt 1750 Harpley Norfolk

Names of parents
???

Date and place of baptism - if applicable
???

Details of each of his or her marriages - if any
Francis Rudd
Toftrees, Norfolk, England
County Norfolk Place Toftrees Church All Saints AtRegisterNumberMarriageDate01Oct1780 Groom Forename Francis Groom Surname RUDD Condition Bachelor Bride Forename Jane BrideSurname BLADE Bride Condition Spinster NotesbannsFileNumber2737

Occupation(s) - if any
???

Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!)
1784 Harpley by daughter Elizabeth’s baptism

Date, place and cause of death
1834 Docking

Date and place of burial.
County Norfolk
Place Docking Church St Mary
RegisterNumber565
BurialDate07Aug1834
Forename Jane Surname RUDD
Age84 yearAbodeNotesWidowFileNumber21453

Details of will / administration of their estate - if applicable
Memorial inscription - if any
???

borobabs
29-12-12, 18:00
I have found this baptism well only one I could find do you think its to far away from Harpley ???

parents: John Blade,? Ann
name: Jane Blade
baptism/christening date: 26 Jun 1756
baptism/christening place: St. Margaret,Lynn, Norfolk, England
father's name: John Blade
mother's name: Ann
indexing project (batch) number: I07426-3
system origin: England-EASy
source film number: 1471534

kiterunner
29-12-12, 18:29
I'm not sure why you have her down as being born at Harpley, Babs? Where did that information come from in the first place? Anyway, Harpley is only a few miles from King's Lynn but then Toftrees is off in the other direction.

kiterunner
29-12-12, 18:44
In the Archdeacon's Transcripts, Jane is of the parish of Toftrees on the marriage entry but of course that just means she was living there when she got married. (image no 69)

kiterunner
29-12-12, 19:18
I'm off to have my supper in a few minutes but have been looking at these, all at Harpley:

Francis Rudd burial 16 Feb 1784.

Frances and James Bates Rudd baptised 20 Nov 1788, born 18 Nov 1788, base born children of Jane Rudd.

Frances Rudd buried 7 Nov 1789 illegitimate daughter of Jane Rudd, widow, age 11 months.
James Bate buried 12 Dec 1789 illegitimate son of Jane Rudd, widow, age 1.

borobabs
29-12-12, 19:36
Thanks Kate sorry fell asleep , yes I saw those on freereg I think and wondered about them , so she never married Francis then ???

kiterunner
29-12-12, 22:25
Yes, she married Francis, I don't get why you think she didn't? You have posted the marriage info in your first post on this thread. Then it looks as though Francis died in Feb 1784 and Elizabeth was born in November of that year, and then Jane had illegitimate twins in 1788 who both died in 1789. I haven't managed to find the PR or AT image of Francis's burial and Elizabeth's baptism to check if those dates are right but if they are, then there is almost exactly 9 months between Francis' death and Elizabeth's birth - if that is the right burial for Francis.

borobabs
29-12-12, 22:31
Cheers Kated after I went from comp I thought err thought they had got married but ancestry is playing silly uggers at the mo and just keeps going to dif things than what I want so will double check amorrow it was the base chil that threw me

borobabs
29-12-12, 22:35
Heres her daughters baptism my 4 X G GM

spouse: Francis Rudd
child: Elizabeth Rudd
name: Elizabeth Rudd
baptism/christening date: 14 Aug 1784
baptism/christening place: Harpley, Norfolk, England
father's name: Francis Rudd
mother's name: Jane Blade
indexing project (batch) number: I07533-8
system origin: England-EASy
source film number:

kiterunner
29-12-12, 22:37
Yes, sorry, Elizabeth was born August not November so only six months after Francis's death:

Elizabeth Daughter of Francis Rudd & Jane his Wife (late Jane Blade Spinster) was Born August ye 12th 1784, Baptised privately 17th She receives Collection Received into the Church Octo ye 10th 1784.

All the children in that parish seem to have been baptised privately and then received into the church at a later date. Still trying to find the image for Francis's burial...

kiterunner
29-12-12, 22:43
Ah, yes, found the image for Francis's burial at last (image 22 of Baptisms, Marriages, Burials) - Francis Rud a married man aged 27 years was buried Feb ye 4th(?) 1784.

borobabs
29-12-12, 22:50
OMG so young but then they sometimes did in those days , cheers Kate will look for that amorrow when have my better eyes on
Was that on LDS site Kate ???

kiterunner
30-12-12, 14:27
Yes, it's on FamilySearch, Babs. The images were taking ages to load yesterday, hope it's quicker for you today.

borobabs
30-12-12, 16:45
cheers Katehope not been busy all day so fingers X for anight

borobabs
30-12-12, 17:52
Kate I have the images opening ok now but not sure Im in right area ,
I have gone into Norfolk bishops transcripts and image 20 and cannot see it , so must be in wrong place

kiterunner
30-12-12, 18:02
If it's Francis's burial you're looking for, Babs, it is image 22 of Baptisms, Marriages, Burials, and it was in the Parish Register.

borobabs
30-12-12, 18:15
Cheers Kate its me looking in wrong place

borobabs
30-12-12, 18:23
Im looking here in parish registers and theres no images ;;

https://familysearch.org/search/records/index#count=20&query=%2Bsurname%3Arudd~&collection_id=1416598&offset=40

kiterunner
30-12-12, 18:37
They haven't finished indexing the parish registers and connecting the index to the images, Babs. You have to get to it by browsing, so when you get the search screen up for the Norfolk Parish Registers you have to go down to where it says Browse through 293,422 images and click on that, then scroll down to Harpley and click on it, then click on Baptisms, Marriages, Burials, then click on the year range (1722-1791), then type 22 into the image number box and click on Go.

borobabs
30-12-12, 18:43
I have found it now Kate thanks mr google is good asked him for the norfolk images lol and found the link then looked for no 22 , screen grabbed it and linked it up now , thanks for your help yet again pet
All the best for you and yours for next year dear