PDA

View Full Version : Rebecca Brown FFFFFFM

Sue at the seaside
18-12-12, 14:27
Name - "official" name and what they were known as
Rebecca Brown mother of Zachariah Cave Pickard http://www.genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=11147&highlight=zachariah+cave+pickard

Date and place of birth
3 May 1739 Crippegate

Names of parents
Thomas and Mary Brown

Date and place of baptism
22 June 1739, St Giles Cripplegate

Details of each of his or her marriages
To James Pickard 18 June 1769, St Giles Cripplegate

Occupation(s)
None actually listed, but in her will she passed on Orris looms, so assume she may have been an Orris weaver.

Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!).
Wilkes St, Spitalfields

Date, place and cause of death
1817, Spitalfields

Date and place of burial.

Details of will / administration of their estate
The Will of me Rebecca Pickard of Wilkes Street Spitalfields widow. I recommend my soul to the Almighty God and my body to be buried in a plane decent way at the directon of my two sons Zachariah Cave Pickard and Thomas Pickard executors. I request that all just and lawful debts be paid with the proving of this my will and I give to the sons Zachariah Cave Pickard and Thomas Pickard all my property of every description in trust to dispose of as follows. I give to my grand daughter Rebecca Pickard daughter of my son Zachariah Cave Pickard the sum of twenty pounds in good and lawful money and a orris loom. I give to my grandson James Pickard a silver watch. I give to John Whitehead senior the sum of five pounds in good and lawful money. I give to my son Thomas Pickard the choice of a chest of drawers, the choice of a clock, and the choice of two orris looms. The rest of my property and money and bank stock to be equally divided among my children viz my son Zachariah Cave Pickard, my daughter Rebecca Oldham, my daughter Mary Elizabeth Lanthois my daughter Elizabeth Brown, and my son Thomas Pickard. And in case any of them should die before my decease I give to be equally divided if there be children of the deceased their share to be equally divided among them. I give to James Brown of Wheeler Street Spitalfields a mourning ring. witness my hand this twenty ninth day of February in the year of our lord one thousand eight hundred and (sixteen in margin) Rebecca Pickard. John Lanthois and Thomas Brown.
Memorial inscription - if any