PDA

View Full Version : Robert Kenyon

kiterunner
14-12-12, 11:07
Name - "official" name and what they were known as Robert Kenyon
Date and place of birth 1767 Accrington, Lancashire
Names of parents James Kenyon and Jane nee Dean
Date and place of baptism - if applicable 21 Jun 1767 St James, Accrington, Lancashire
Details of each of his or her marriages - if any 25 Oct 1792 St James Accrington to Mary Hargreaves
Occupation(s) - if any Cotton weaver
Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!).
1769-1805 Accrington, Lancashire
1808-1836 Baxenden, Accrington, Lancashire
Date, place and cause of death Aug 1837 Baxenden, Accrington, Lancashire, not got cause
Date and place of burial. 14 Aug 1836 St James, Accrington, Lancashire, age 69
Details of will / administration of their estate - if applicable Not found
Memorial inscription - if any Not found

Link to son's thread:
George Kenyon (http://www.genealogistsforum.co.uk/Forum/showthread.php?t=11148)

kiterunner
14-12-12, 15:23
I've just seen on Lancs OPC that one of the witnesses at Robert's wedding was a Richard Kenyon, and I haven't got a Richard in my tree! But there are some quite big gaps betwen Richard's siblings so I need to check again...

kiterunner
14-12-12, 19:53
Okay, there is a Robert baptised 21 Jun 1767, parents James and Jane, and he does have a brother Richard, baptised 15 Dec 1765. Again, FamilySearch says St James Altham but I think they may be Accrington. The year of birth fits better with Robert's age at death - if I have the right Robert's burial, of course! Baxenden is the right place at least.