PDA

View Full Version : Jane Lett nee Burgess - County Carlow MMMM

tenterfieldjulie
26-11-12, 08:22
Name: JANE LETT NEE BURGESS (Burgef)
Date and place of birth: In the late 1820s or early 1830s at Knockullard, Co Carlow, Ireland
Names of parents: Henry Burgess and Susanna Tunstead (Tonstead)
Date and place of baptism: Church of Ireland, Knockullard? Co. Carlow, Ireland
Marriage: On 5 September, 1855 to Ralph Walker Lett at Lorum Church, Co Carlow – both signed – he is a widow, she is a spinster – both full age
Address: Knockullard and Ballycormack, near Bagnaelstown, Carlow (County), Ireland
Date, place and cause of death: Between 1867 and 1877 probably Ballycormack, Carlow, Ireland
Date and place of burial: Probably Lorum C of E Churchyard, Near Bagnaelstown, Co Carlow)
Details of will: Unknown
Memorial inscription: Not found
Children: Ellen 1856, Susan 1858-1878, Anna Mary 1861, Sarah Alice 1865, Elizabeth Frances M. 1867

grastudon
19-12-12, 11:05
Hi Julie, Jane Eleanor Burgess was my 2 X Great grandfather's sister. My paternal grandmother was Emily Burgess, who's parents were both Burgesses, William of Tullow and Sarh Jane of Tobinstown, 3rd cousins and both descended from William Burgess and Alice Warren. My two older sisters and brothers, mylself and our partners celebrated what would ave been Dad's 100th birthday in November, in Borris. We went to Chuch in Lorum and found Ballycormack House amongst other Burgess properties from the mid 1800s. I've been in touch with Joyce Bryant recently. How do you relate to the Burgess
family?
Love to hear more,.
Graeme (Stuart) Donald, hence gra stu don

tenterfieldjulie
19-12-12, 21:34
Graeme, very quickly Joyce's father and my grandmother were brother and sister. Joyce's home is just 40 mins away in Australia and we have a close connection. Talk soon. Julie

tenterfieldjulie
19-12-12, 21:37
Graeme, I stayed in July at Lorum Old Rectory which is now a B & B. In 2010 Bobbie from there obtained the key for Lorum Church and I too sat and reflected and took photos. That time I also met Hilda at Ballycormack, but only spoke to her this time on the phone because of the family tragedy. She is a very fine lady.

grastudon
20-12-12, 14:42
Hi Julie,
My partner Sheila and I stayed in Kilgraney House on Sat 7th Jul when we were organising Dad's 100th celebration and when they first said they could accomodate us there in November and then came back and said they couldn't, we tried The Old Rectory. The only problem was that they only have four rooms but they recommended the Step House Hotel in Borris and it turned out great.
Please advise how to attach files here or send me your email so I can send you my attempt at a one page Burgess 8 generation family tree, admittedly with accent on those of us still in Ireland.
Look forward to further discussion.
All the best, Graeme