27-10-12, 19:19
Name - Frances

Date and place of birth - Abt 1791

Names of parents -

Date and place of baptism -

Details of each of his or her marriages -

Occupation(s) -

Addresses where they lived -
1841 - Pile Street, St. Mary Redcliff, Clifton, Gloucestershire.

Date, place and cause of death -

Date and place of burial -

Details of will / administration of their estate -

Memorial inscription -

Link to son - http://www.genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=7216

Link to husband - http://www.genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=15659

kiterunner
03-11-12, 22:38
So Charles isn't with Thomas and Frances on the 1841 census, but they do have a Thomas age 13 with them. I've been having a(nother) look for Charles in 1841 but no luck. (Just noting that Frances is born out of county so we don't have to keep looking it up.)

I'm a bit confused about what you say on the Thomas Dix thread about you having their son's birth certificate? If you have a birth certificate then doesn't it give Frances's maiden name?

There are some baptisms on FamilySearch for other children with parents Thomas and Frances Dix - Jane baptised 29 Oct 1826 at Temple, Bristol, and Henry born 14 Mar 1830 and baptised 3 Nov 1833 at Clifton, Gloucestershire. The Henry baptism is in Latin and gives mother's maiden name as Fairclough.

I will have a look at my Bristol CD's when I get home to see if there is any more info on them.

kiterunner
04-11-12, 15:47
On the disk there is John Dicks baptised 18 May 1823 Temple, son of Thomas and Fanny, abode Redcliff, father's occupation mason, age 2 months. Jane Dix 29 Oct 1826 Temple, parents Thomas and Frances, abode Redcliff, father's occupation mason, Thomas Dix 31 Jan 1830 Temple, parents Thomas and Fanny, abode Temple, father's occupation mason.

The "Henricus" baptism at Clifton with MMN Fairclough isn't on the disk so I'm guessing it is a Catholic one and perhaps not the same family? Have you got Charles's baptism, Morf?

kiterunner
04-11-12, 16:06
Oh, I just realised I have the non-conformists' disk too! Henry Dix born 14 Mar 1830 baptised 3 Nov 1833 at St Mary, previously St Joseph, RC, parents Thomas and Frances, nee Fairclough.

The marriage disk has a marriage at Holy Trinity, Stapleton, 31 Mar 1822, between Thomas Dix, bach OTP, and Fanny Fearcloth, wid, OTP. Hmmm, the date fits better with the couple being the parents of all those children, not just Henry.

kiterunner
04-11-12, 16:11
And there is a baptism at Temple 10 May 1813 of an Elizabeth, daughter of Henry and Frances Fairclift, abode Temple Street, labourer.

Morf
04-11-12, 20:42
Good Heavens Kite, you've been busy :)
Looked back on the son's thread and sorry, don't know why I said I have his birth certificate, I don't.
The info you've found looks so promising.
Thank you so much.