PDA

View Full Version : Suffolk & Norfolk ROs

Oakum Picker
27-10-09, 16:27
Suffolk - replies for Joan & Hobbes on 'Offer'.

On Monday I am off on my last research trip until Spring although I may have some opportunities over the Winter.

If you have any requests, please add them to the thread on 'Offers'.

Norfolk - I am in Norwich next Wednesday primarily to use the 1911 Census. Sorry I can't offer any lookups on that as the terminals are only bookable for half an hour but if it's not busy I'm hoping to get more than 1 half-hour session. Inbetween times I'm happy to do straightforward PR Lookups i.e. name, place, 'rough' date.

If you have any requests add them to this thread.

Nell
28-10-09, 08:52
Enjoy it Glen. I wish I was nearer Norwich, though glad I made it to the Norwich meet this August and had time to go to the graveyards at Cantley and Limpenhoe too - a bonus that the churches were open!

Phoenix
28-10-09, 12:27
Like Nell, I wish I lived closer! I've not managed a full day there since the dreadful fire. I spent a couple of hours there in August and it was amazing how much I could zoom through now the registers are mainly on film.
Have a brilliant time!

Oakum Picker
28-10-09, 15:50
I 'do' Norwich once a year as my Norfolk research is like looking for a needle in a haystack. Come to think of it so is my Suffolk research. After 10 years I have no leads so plough through parishes that take my fancy which is why I like the relief of looking for something specific. This trip is Monday in Ipswich, Tuesday in Lowestoft & Wednesday in Norwich. The other two trips each year are Ipswich, Lowestoft, Ipswich.

Thanks for your good wishes. My friend & I enjoy our trips even if we find nothing though to be fair we usually turn up one little nugget. It's a good excuse to get away from the families for a few days.

Phoenix
28-10-09, 16:04
My avatar has just turned green! I used to spend a whole week in the old RO, which was very overcrowded. The best way to get a seat was to arrive with a pregnant friend! Amazing how quickly a chair could be found!

Oakum Picker
31-10-09, 10:31
Tomorrow is the last day I shall be able to see any requests.

borobabs
31-10-09, 13:11
Glen I have one well couple for you if you can find out ;;

Have John Playford born 30 Jan 1806 Docking Norfolk (no prove ) parents James Playford b Sept 1770 Docking married Elizabeth Gricks b 1773 . Married 24 Nov 1800 ;;
would love any defo proof you could find on these ;;

James parents were John Playford b abt 1740 Married a Ann anon ???

Thanks very much for offering about this good luck with your search dear ;;

Oakum Picker
01-11-09, 09:00

Have John Playford born 30 Jan 1806 Docking Norfolk (no prove ) parents James Playford b Sept 1770 Docking married Elizabeth Gricks b 1773 . Married 24 Nov 1800 ;;

I'll see what I can find.

borobabs
01-11-09, 22:38
Thanks very much Glen much appreciated dear ;;

Oakum Picker
05-11-09, 14:31

Docking

John PLAYFORD s. James/Elizabeth born 30/1/1806 bapt. 9/4/1806

James PLAYFORD Elizabeth GRICKS both sotp Banns 24/10/1800
Wit: William PLAYFORD Thomas BIRD. Only Thomas signed.

There was a baptism 23/9/1770 for a James with parents John & Ann but the surname had been torn away before photographing.

Neither the PLAYFORD nor GRICKS surname show up in the records for that time.
There was no marriage for John/Ann c. 1740 although if they were James' parents shouldn't they have married in the 1760s?