PDA

View Full Version : Find My Past the TV show is back from 30th October

Margaret in Burton
23-10-12, 19:21
The programme where they find 3 people who are all connected to one historical event.

Find My Past the TV Show (http://www.findmypast.co.uk/content/find-my-past-tv/series-two-about?sourceid=27&bsop_brand=fmp-uk&ns_campaign=fmp-tv-series-two&utm_campaign=fmp-tv-series-two&ns_mchannel=email&utm_medium=email&ns_source=newsletter&utm_source=newsletter&ns_linkname=email_to_promote_second_series_of_find _my_past_the_tv_show&utm_term=email_to_promote_second_series_of_find_my _past_the_tv_show&utm_content=231012&ns_fee=0.00)

Merry
23-10-12, 19:55
Is it any good (or was it?)?! I didn't watch any previous episodes.

Margaret in Burton
23-10-12, 20:26
Is it any good (or was it?)?! I didn't watch any previous episodes.

Some were more interesting than others.

Merry
23-10-12, 21:20
lol Fair enough!!

SueinKent
04-11-12, 11:52
I found this programme by accident this morning, I found it quite interesting it was about Barnes Wallis and the bouncing bomb.

vallee
06-11-12, 16:37
I couldn't get into it the last series found it boring so wont be watching this one either.

Margaret in Burton
06-11-12, 23:09
I think you have to be interested in the historical event that all the three people whose ancestors they investigate have in common.
If it's an event that you really aren't interested in then it would be boring.

The whole point of the programme is to show the real life stories of those people.

We finally got round to watching the Dambusters episode today, really enjoyed it. I was surprised though that the three young people involved didn't seem to know that their ancestors, in two cases a great grandfather and the other a great uncle, were part of the Dambusters raid. I would have thought that information would have been passed down the family with pride.

vallee
07-11-12, 21:29
your right of course you have to be interested in the subject, I have even found WDYTYA boring sometimes, yet the last series was much more interesting.

Chris in Sussex
07-11-12, 23:35
One of the programmes is about Samuel Pepys (Episode 4) so I will be watching that one.

Many years ago a contact gave me detailed proof that I am connected through 'married ins' (and that was quite a few!) but I have never tried to prove the connection to my own satisfaction.....A little more distant than I usually reseach:)

Chris