PDA

View Full Version : 2xgreat OR 2 x great ??

scuda
19-09-12, 10:54
Which of the above should I use to indicate my great great grandfather? Googling brings up both versions, and I wondered if there is a generally accepted preferred format? I'm preparing a website, and I know I must be consistent, but which should I go for?

scuda

Merry
19-09-12, 11:11
I'm no help, because I don't know! I wasn't aware of any particular format being preferred.

If it was me, I would write either great-great-grandfather or 2xg-grandfather. (so neither of the above!!!! lol)

scuda
19-09-12, 11:24
Thanks Merry!! I know I want to avoid the great-great format as it gets very unwieldy going back a few more generations! I need something that is clear within a narrative.

scuda

Olde Crone
19-09-12, 16:47
2xGGF works for me, lol!

OC

Merry
19-09-12, 20:26
I think perhaps it doesn't matter what format you use (after all, it's not going to stop someone finding your site by googling one of your names) as long as you stick to the same one throughout - so whatever is easiest for you type!

scuda
20-09-12, 07:47
I think perhaps it doesn't matter what format you use (after all, it's not going to stop someone finding your site by googling one of your names) as long as you stick to the same one throughout

That's the conclusion I was coming to, Merry. Thanks to you and OC for your input.

scuda