PDA

View Full Version : Isabel Marguerite Easton missing in Oz

Uncle John
15-09-12, 13:51
Some of you may have seen this in another forum.

Lockhart William EASTON (1915-1944) married Isabel Marguerite ADAMSON in 1940 in Parramatta (NSW marriage index).
In the 1943 electoral roll Lockhart William is recorded at 21 Gilbert Street Parramatta but Isabel is at 270 Victoria Avenue Chatswood.

Lockhart William died in WWII in 1944 when the prison ship he was on was torpedoed in the South China Sea (TROVE: missing presumed dead 21 Nov 1944; In Memoriam notice 1946).

Isabel isn't mentioned in the In Memoriam notice.

She's in Manly in the 1949 electoral roll as a bookkeeper, but I can find no further trace of her either on Ancestry or Trove. Prior to her marriage (1936 electoral roll) she's living in Woy Woy with 2 ladies who from their names appear to be her mother and sister. So did she die, remarry or emigrate? Any ideas please.

kiterunner
15-09-12, 15:26
Are you sure she isn't still alive, UJ? If not then we will need to remove her name from this thread and tell people to PM you for the name if they would like to help.

kiterunner
15-09-12, 15:31
Anyway, NSW BMD indexes have a marriage for her in Sydney in 1948, to a Cyril James Badger. Cyril James Badger died in 1981, parents' names Walter and Lavinia. The online death index only goes up to 1981 and I can't see a death listed for her, but it could be that she died after that date. I've sent you a PM with something recent I found by googling for her using the surname Badger.

Uncle John
15-09-12, 17:09
Are you sure she isn't still alive, UJ? If not then we will need to remove her name from this thread and tell people to PM you for the name if they would like to help.

I haven't been able to find her birth or any indication of age. I couldn't justify obtaining either of the marriage records. She's unlikely to have been born after 1920, which would make her extremely old if still alive. I'll have a punt at Trove with the name Badger, though I doubt whether that will give any age clues.

Thank you very much for what you've found. The company registration (or whatever it is) that you PM'd the link to may relate to a child.

kiterunner
15-09-12, 17:11
There are plenty of extremely old people around! The thing that came up on Google was dated 2010, so I think we would be best to delete her first and middle name from this thread.

Uncle John
15-09-12, 20:39
Mary from Italy (FTF) has found her death in 2008 in the Ryerson Index, so I've reinstated the first names. The obituary is in the Sydney Morning Herald 16 Oct 2008. I don't know if that's online - it's too late for Trove.