PDA

View Full Version : Person marrying two different people on the same day?

Margaret in Burton
02-09-12, 15:42
I can't put the names as the people involved are still living.

I'm trying to find living cousins for a contact who is my half 3rd cousin.

If anyone would like to help please pm me.

This person seems to marry two different women. Same day, reg district, same vol and page.

The two women involved have totally different first names as well as last names.

Merry
02-09-12, 15:51
I can't resist this - spent a couple of hours this very morning chasing a Harrison who turned out very likely to be a red herring !! :mad:

pm coming!

Margaret in Burton
02-09-12, 16:05
reply sent Merry

Margaret in Burton
02-09-12, 17:30
Thank you to Merry and Kate

I think we've cracked it

Tom Tom
02-09-12, 19:10
I think we've cracked it

Obviously you have to be careful what you put on here Marg, but does it look like he married two people on the same day or did they turn out to be the same person?

:)

Margaret in Burton
02-09-12, 19:44
Kate and Merry have looked at this and it looks like the woman changed her name as Kate found her on 192.com living with the man involved. The name she was under was the one that seemed odd. We did find a birth reference to the other name involved but not the second one. Think it's the same woman.

Odd name to choose though

Olde Crone
02-09-12, 21:48
Just a thort - was one of her names a professional name perhaps?

OC

Margaret in Burton
03-09-12, 07:17
Just a thort - was one of her names a professional name perhaps?

OC

The name she appears by on 192.com is the name that doesn't appear in the birth indexes. The other name does appear in them, and of a woman about the same age as the man.

I've Googled her and that only throws up the 192.com entry.

I would have thought if it were a professional name then Google would show something.