PDA

View Full Version : victor hairyes?

zoenel
26-08-12, 14:49
hi everyone how do i attacth an email to post on this forum please kind regrds zoe

zoenel
26-08-12, 15:55
hi everyon,ive been sent an email for a passneger list for india for a victor hairyes by email,id like to upload it for yu to trancscribe, but iwth how do i attactch a document to this forum? kind regards zoe

kiterunner
26-08-12, 16:15
You need to search the FAQ's for attachments and there will be instructions. Best not to use the whole image but just an edited screenshot of the bit you need help with. If it is from ancestry or findmypast we might be able to look at it on there anyway if you give some details. I can't post a link to the FAQ's at the moment because I'm not on the computer.

zoenel
26-08-12, 16:25
apoligies i cant work out how to attacth it the name is victor hairyes passenger listst on ancestry but I need this this site expertise to see if it is my surname,this is best site online for transcribing, many thanks zoe

zoenel
26-08-12, 17:09
hi everyone can anyone check ancetsry for passenger lists for victor hairyes to see if the surname is mine please absaulutley hopeless with computers please help,kind regards nicholas

zoenel
26-08-12, 17:51
I apoligise for the lack of information,your the best site online i will come back when i know more information,kind regrds and thanks have a great rest of your weekend,zoe

kiterunner
26-08-12, 18:28
This is the name but not very clear what it says exactly. It is from 1912 and I think it says he is a subject of Finland. Age is 25 or possibly 35. The spelling of his first name is Viktor.

kiterunner
26-08-12, 18:33
And here are the instructions for attachments to posts:

FAQ Attachments (http://www.genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/faq.php?s=&do=search&q=attachment&match=all&titlesonly=0)

Merry
26-08-12, 19:16
hi everyon,ive been sent an email for a passneger list for india for a victor hairyes

I don't see the India connection?

This is the name but not very clear what it says exactly. It is from 1912 and I think it says he is a subject of Finland. Age is 25 or possibly 35. The spelling of his first name is Viktor.

I don't know much about Finnish surnames, but it looks similar to Hairyes, but possibly without the R - probably if I was familar with their names I would be able to read it confidently, as the writing isn't too bad, just the image is slightly out of focus.

Toots
26-08-12, 19:19
I have had a look at the image and thought the place of birth may be Ireland.

It would be impossible to say whether or not Viktor is related to you from this scrap of information. This is the only in record which appears on Ancestry relating to this name.

I'm a little confused Zoenel. Are you two people because you sign yourself Zoe and Nicholas on your posts.

Merry
26-08-12, 19:22
Zoe, I think wherever he comes from, Viktor is unlikely to be part of your family.

kiterunner
27-08-12, 09:42
The page is "Alien Passengers" so in 1912 this would not include Irish passengers.