PDA

View Full Version : Betty Tattersal

kiterunner
24-08-12, 13:48
Name - "official" name and what they were known as Betty Tattersal
Date and place of birth About 1777 Habergham Eaves, Lancashire
Names of parents Not found
Date and place of baptism - if applicable Not found
Details of each of his or her marriages - if any 10 Feb 1807 St James, Accrington, to Francis Taylor, witnesses James Tricket and John Rothwell
Occupation(s) - if any Housewife
Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!).
1806 - Habergham Eaves, Lancashire
1807 onwards - Accrington, Lancashire
1841 - Hollings, New Accrington, Lancashire
1851 - Grange Lane, New Accrington, Lancashire
Date, place and cause of death 18 Dec 1853 Accrington, not got cause
Date and place of burial. 21 Dec 1853 St James Accrington
Details of will / administration of their estate - if applicable none found
Memorial inscription - if any Not found

Link to husband's thread: Francis Taylor (http://www.genealogistsforum.co.uk/Forum/showthread.php?t=11874&highlight=taylor)
Link to son's thread: Edmund Taylor (http://www.genealogistsforum.co.uk/Forum/showthread.php?t=7059)

kiterunner
24-08-12, 13:51
I have found a couple of possible baptisms for Betty:
24 Dec 1775 Burnley, father John
15 Jun 1776 Altham, parents Henry and Alice.

I need to check into these because I got them from the IGI a while ago and there may be some better transcriptions now. My Betty had ten children that I know of, and none named John, Henry or Alice! Her last child was born in 1825, so she can't have been born much before 1775.

kiterunner
24-08-12, 14:00
Okay, the 24 Dec 1775 Burnley one with father John does give abode as Habergham Eaves (from Lancs OPC). The Altham one isn't on Lancs OPC to check abode. But it does have baptisms from Altham for that year, so perhaps the church was wrong on the IGI and on FamilySearch, or maybe Lancs OPC missed it. Update - abode for the Altham baptism is Haslingden.
Then there is one 30 Mar 1783 at Burnley, father Henry, abode Habergham Eaves. It could be that her age on the censuses and death and burial records is wrong, as 29-30 would have been quite old to get married for the first time.