PDA

View Full Version : James Chapman MFMFMF

Langley Vale Sue
04-08-12, 17:38
Name - "official" name and what they were known as – James Chapman

Date and place of birth – about 1780?, probably in Suffolk

Names of parents - unknown

Date and place of baptism - unknown

Details of each of his or her marriages – to Mary (unknown) in Suffolk? About 1800?

Occupation(s) – Coachsmith (on daughter’s marriage certificate in 1837).

Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!).
Daughter Sarah baptised in Wood Ditton, Suffolk in 1813

Date, place and cause of death - unknown

Date and place of burial - unknown

Details of will / administration of their estate - unknown

Memorial inscription – unknown

Daughter Sarah’s thread
http://www.genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=8162

kiterunner
07-08-12, 09:58
Another child of James and Mary Chapman baptised at Wood Ditton, Suffolk (FamilySearch):

Elizabeth 4 Aug 1816

This baptism and Sarah's are also listed under Wood Ditton or Ditton Wood, Cambridge, and there are all these also Wood Ditton or Ditton Wood, Cambridge:

Rebecca born 28 Feb 1796, baptised 29 Feb 1796, buried 22 Mar 1796, mother's name shown as Mary Coe.
James 29 Apr 1797, mother's name shown as Mary Coe
Ann 5 Aug 1810

But there is quite a big gap between James and Ann, so there could be two different couples here and the mother's name Mary Coe is only on the earlier ones. The James Chapman / Mary Coe marriage is 11 or 12 Oct 1795 at Wood Ditton / Ditton Wood, Cambridge.

Langley Vale Sue
07-08-12, 18:15
Thanks Kite.
I did have the James Chapman/Mary Coe marriage pencilled in, but I decided that they were probably too old to be Sarah's parents, especially considering the earlier baptisms you found.

Further investigation needed I think!