PDA

View Full Version : Sutton Street, Kensington in 1841

BlueSavannah
23-07-12, 09:33
Good Morning,

I have found baptisms on the London records on Ancestry for three children Moses & Ann Carter had. The three baptisms took place in 1836, 1837 and 1842 and the abode for all was Sutton Street, Kensington. This would suggest Moses & Ann should be at Sutton Street on the 1841 census; however, I cannot locate this address at all on the census to be able to check if there were any Carter's there.

Would anyone be able to have a look for me to see if they can find what I cant? One of the two children born before 1841 also died before this date but I havnt found a burial for the other so hopefully a child named William Henry Carter born in 1836 would also be on this census.

Many thanks in advance :)

kiterunner
23-07-12, 09:37
The National Archives website has a list of streets on the 1841 census but doesn't include Sutton Street. I'll see if I can find out where it went!

kiterunner
23-07-12, 09:47
Oh, I googled around for Newland Street which is next to Sutton Street on the 1861 census and found an old thread where I had posted that that part of Kensington was missing from the 1841 census. :(

BlueSavannah
23-07-12, 09:59
Thank you Kite,

I am not having much luck at the moment with my family and censuses :(

Mine seem to be on the parts that are missing quite regularly :rolleyes: