PDA

View Full Version : hi everyone?

zoenel
16-07-12, 12:56
hi everyone hope ereeyoe is well? please help? what is the geneolgy site everyone has saved there family history on that you recomened I join ive lost the thread? apoligies for this congrats best site online zoe

kiterunner
16-07-12, 13:04
There are a few different sites, Zoe:

ancestry - lots of public trees on here plus censuses, BMDs etc

Genes Reunited - lots of trees on here, you have to contact the tree owner to view their tree. Would not recommend paying extra for censuses etc on Genes Reunited as the search facility is not very good. But if there are trees on there that you want to view it would be worth paying for the basic membership.

Tribal Pages - lots of trees on here, some open to everyone, some private. Basic membership is free as long as your tree isn't too big.

Findmypast - censuses, BMDs etc, you can build your tree but as far as I know, trees can't be shared at the moment?

zoenel
16-07-12, 13:22
thaanks kiterunner im a member on genes and ancestry is which particular site are people using now apart from these many thanks zoe

kiterunner
16-07-12, 13:31
Some people like ancestry best and some like findmypast best. FamilySearch is a good site and is free.

Merry
16-07-12, 13:39
Not everyone had their tree online Zoe (I don't!). There are loads of tree building programs - lots of people use Family Tree Maker. I use one called Brother's Keeper, but that's very old (and free for the initial version).

zoenel
16-07-12, 13:59
many thanks to you both for your kind advive, your the best adminstrators online i will try thes esites,have a lovly rest of your day, kind regrds zoe