PDA

View Full Version : Where are the Webbers?

Phoenix
14-07-12, 15:07
Susan Webber married in the 1660s in Edgefield, Norfolk. Her parents were Luke Webber and Ann or Amy (I think I know this from manorial records)

While doing research for a distant cousin on another family, I could have sworn I found Susan's baptism, that of her siblings and her parents' marriage. Unfortunately, that was in a period when I did not have access to this laptop, so the details were not noted down.

I could have sworn the events happened in Hempstead by Holt, Norfolk. They did not:(

Memo to self not to do research if you don't write it up!

kiterunner
14-07-12, 16:09
I can't find anything on FamilySearch, FreeREG, the Norfolk Transcription Archive, or Google. I suppose you could try looking at the PR images for each parish in the area on FamilySearch.

Phoenix
14-07-12, 16:25
Thank you for looking, Kite. I am trawling image by slow image through Family Search.

I know I'm not completely mad because NROCAT has a Hempstead reference, but I surely can't imagine a whole family?

There's someone on GR who has Luke, but I think they have a tree the size of China and it looks like they just add other people's research and I'm not at all sure that it's not my work, recycled!

Phoenix
14-07-12, 17:46
I got the wrong ....stead!

It's Plumstead:D:D

Back in a few hours;)

Phoenix
15-07-12, 07:33
Oh great. They change their names too.

John Webber marries Priscilla Duglass (Daglas(s)(e)) in Salle in 1684, but Luke Webb is baptised in Hempstead, 6 Dec 1685 son of John and Prissilla.