PDA

View Full Version : Alfred Mortimer Pocock

Ann from Sussex
09-07-12, 15:28
Would some kind person with Ancestry access to the London Electoral Registers have a look for ALFRED MORTIMER POCOCK please? I see from the index that he was registered in Hammersmith in 1908 and I'd be very interested to know the exact address, what it says about him and if anyone else is registered at the same address with the same surname.

Thanks.

Merry
09-07-12, 15:48
Hi Ann, the address is 2 Applegarth Road, in Number 8 Brook Green Polling District in Hammersmith. The listing is for Parliamentary, County and Parochial Electors - Lodgers.

He rents a five roomed top flat, unfurnished for 15s per week. The landlord (or person he pays the rent to) is listed as at the same address and is named as F W Pepper.

No one else listed at the same address. I guess there might be further info about F W Pepper on another list, of owners rather than lodgers.

Merry
09-07-12, 16:01
Did you know his banns were read at St John's, Walham Green, Hammersmith, but it looks like he married in Ireland - possibly at Rathfarnham, Co Dublin (that's what it says for the bride's parish in the banns register). There is an Irish GRO entry for it to in 1906. Banns were called the three weeks up to 8th April 1906.

Merry
09-07-12, 16:02
The bride was Emily Harriett Amelia McMahon.

Ann from Sussex
09-07-12, 16:27
Merry, you are as brilliant as ever! . All this fits with what I already know about this man.

Thank you.

Merry
09-07-12, 16:36
Oh good! lol