PDA

View Full Version : Canterbury Cathedral Archives Parish Register Images - findmypast

kiterunner
02-07-12, 13:44
Browse only at the moment, but they say they are working on an "enhanced record search" which they will make available as soon as possible. I do hope that means parent and spouse searches are coming!

http://www.findmypast.co.uk/search/life-events-bmds/canterbury/browse-images/

"The records include all parishes which are within the Archdeaconry of Canterbury and consented to online publication. Please note that four parishes withheld consent, therefore, you will not find any records for them: Cheriton St Martin; Harbledown St Michael; Ramsgate St Luke; and Shepherdswell (also known as Sibertswold) St Andrew. Records for each of these four parishes can be consulted on microfilm at Canterbury Cathedral Archives."

Also they call this "part of the Canterbury Collection", so hopefully that means other records will be coming soon too?

Happy hunting!

kiterunner
02-07-12, 13:52
It's funny, but I was under the impression all this time that the New Romney parish registers were at Canterbury Cathedral Archives, but they are not included. (I have loads of ancestors from there.) Still, it's good news for people whose parishes are included! Especially if you have found it very frustrating to know that the images were up on FamilySearch but you weren't allowed to access them.