PDA

View Full Version : Wattler help needed please.

anne fraser
20-10-09, 19:13
A contact on rootschat has found a will for Moses Wilton who died in Melbourne in 1914 on this site. http://www.prov.vic.gov.au/access/probate.asp

He was my greatgrandfather's brother. Unfortunately I can't seem to get hold of it. I would love to know what it says.

kiterunner
20-10-09, 22:13
You search for his name, and when the result comes up, click on "More" in the Details column, then it comes up with a page which has two clickable links near the bottom that say "Find this file in our catalogue", and when you click on one of those, it comes back with a button marked "View digitised item". But then I'm just getting a message saying "Please wait, your request is being processed". Is that what's happening when you try to view it too? It does say on their site that it's being very heavily used at the moment and you may experience delays.

Update - it does load eventually. I'll have a go at typing it out in a minute...

kiterunner
20-10-09, 22:24
THIS IS THE LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT of me MOSES WILTON of Number 1098 Lygon Street, Carlton, in the State of Victoria, Gentleman I REVOKE all Wills and Testamentary Dispositions heretofore made by me I GIVE AND BEQUEATH all my household furniture and effects unto my Wife ELIZABETH FANNY WILTON for her own use and benefit absolutely I GIVE DEVISE AND BEQUEATH all my real estate and the residue and remainder of my personal estate unto my Executors and Trustees hereinafter named UPON TRUST as soon as conveniently may be after my decease to sell realise and convert the same into money with full discretionary power to my said Executors and Trustees in their discretion to postpone for such time as they shall think fit such sale and converstion and to divide the net proceeds arising from such sale or sales equally between my said Wife the said Elizabeth Fanny Wilton and all my nine children share and share alike Should any of my children predecease me leaving issue then the share to which he or she would have become entitiled to shall be divided amongst the issue of such child or children so dying equally I APPOINT my sons FRANK EDWIN WILTON of Canning Street Carlton Coach-Smith and FREDERICK GEORGE WILTON of York Street St Kilda Piano Tuner the Executors and Trustees of this my Will AND I DECLARE it to be my wish that MR WILLIAM HENRY FORD of No 126 Queen Street, Melbourne, Solicitor, be employed by my Executors and Trustees in proving this my Will and carrying out the Trusts thereof.
IN WITNESS whereof I have hereunto set my hand this thirtyfirst day of October 1912.

Signed Moses Wilton, witnesses W H Ford solicitor and his clerk.

The other document contains affidavits - let me know if you still can't get it to load and I'll have a look at it tomorrow and pick out the relevant bits as there are a lot of pages.

anne fraser
21-10-09, 16:21
Thankyou very much Kite runner. I could not get it to load at all yesterday. I have now got occupations for two of his children,

Don't worry about the affadavits I don't expect there is any thing very interesting there.