PDA

View Full Version : Lost Cousins newletter late May 2012

JBee
19-05-12, 08:09
http://www.lostcousins.com/newsletters/latemay12news.htm

kiterunner
19-05-12, 10:01
I honestly don't understand what he is on about when he keeps talking about the "new look findmypast" - it doesn't look any different to me. Oh, I do see one change now, you can put middle names in with the first name. But I still don't understand why they are tweaking their existing search facility instead of bringing in the new kind of search that they have on the US and Australian sites?

And I love this bit: "As an experienced researcher I like to have control over my searches, which is why I hardly ever use an All Records search (which is what you're doing if you complete the Search form on the home page of Ancestry or findmypast)."

That's my favourite kind of search! Maybe I'm not an experienced enough researcher!

And really - recommending "The Blood Detective" by Dan Waddell, without even reading it first. I shall refrain from going into my rant about that book though.

Olde Crone
19-05-12, 10:13
Ooooh, I'm so glad you feel like that, Kite, I thought it was just me!

This man has lots of useful things to say I'm sure but his delivery is unfortunate, to put it politely.

OC

kiterunner
19-05-12, 15:56
And sorry to say I am still getting this message on FMP's census search (which he says doesn't happen any more in his newsletter):

Your search has stopped because it took too long to process.

Try resubmitting or redefining your criteria to reduce the size of your search

Kit
21-05-12, 02:59
I have had the result receently too Kate.

That man can be a very rude and arrogant man. Just don't cross him. He did something that was breaching his own websites privacy promises and I felt strongly enough that I emailed and complained. He was so affronted and rude that I dare criticise him.