PDA

View Full Version : LDS help please.

HarrysMum
18-10-09, 21:30
My sister has won a study trip to the USA next month. She has one day spare which will be in Salt Lake City and is willing to do some research for me.

Although she is a journalist in Dublin, she couldn't work out how to search at Kew....lol..............that's what happens when you work with pollies all day....lol

I'd love to find where the Ariels came from but s yet, can't get back too far.

The earliest I have is a baptism in 1741 at St Phillips and St Jacobs Bristol.
That lady marries in the same church three years later. They were non-conformists.
I also have a burial in 1757 of an older man in 1757 at Broadmead Baptist. That seems to be their church.

So.......if I give her the index for Broadmead Baptist (their records on Familysearch start 1689)....does anyone know if she could just get them on the day???

Also any ideas for other records that might help me???

Thanks.

kiterunner
18-10-09, 21:50
If you look at their information on "Preparing to visit the Library", it should help you find out what you need to know:

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library/fhl/frameset_library.asp?PAGE=library_preparing.asp

In particular, this bit:
Use the online Family History Library Catalog to determine if the films you need are immediately available in the library. We are unable to store all microfilms at the library. Films listed in the catalog as "Vault" films may take up to three days to retrieve. Before your visit, you can request the microfilms you need by e-mail, telephone, or fax. Click here to e-mail us your request. To call in an order by telephone, call (801)240-7378 for films with records from the United States and Canada, (801)240-7379 for films with records from the British Isles, and (801)240-2334 for films from any other country. To fax in your order call (801)240-1924.

HarrysMum
18-10-09, 21:53
Thanks for that..............I did read a couple of places but obviously not that.

Olde Crone
18-10-09, 22:12
Libby

Don't forget that the Mormon library holds THOUSANDS of books on all types of family history records.

Do a place name search on the library catalogue and have a look through the book titles - there may be some obscure local history publication of interest.

OC

HarrysMum
18-10-09, 22:27
Thanks OC.

I've only ever once got the local LDS, so not good at knowing what to ask for.

I'll go and study their site.