PDA

View Full Version : Help with Jackman family

samesizedfeet
18-10-09, 20:31
Really struggling and this probably needs some very straightforward thinking (which my head can't cope with right now)

Henry Jackman married Harriet Donnelly in Wycombe reg district in 1841

Henry was born abt 1811 in Barking, Essex. Son of Henry and Frances Jackman.

I know nothing about Harriet as I can only find her on 1861 census (birthplace London, abt 1811)

They have a child, also Harriet. in 1861 it says she is 22 and born Buxton Derbyshire (so born abt 1838, before their marriage)

In 1871 Henry and Harriet junior are in Scotland

Birthplace for both is England.

Harriet has lost a few years and is now claiming to be 27 (abt 1843).

Although she has her maiden name she's claiming to be married but this may be because she also has a son called Albert aged 4.

I can't find a birth/marriage for Harriet junior nor a birth for Albert as Jackman.

Harriet senior just disappears and I can't see an obvious death but they're an acting family so could have been anywhere in the country.

The only census I have are the two I've mentioned.

The fact they move about so much is making it fairy hard.

Any help would be great, thank you

Zoe

Joan of Archives
18-10-09, 21:09
Does it say where Albert was born Zoe?

samesizedfeet
18-10-09, 21:24
Helpfully, it just says England

kiterunner
18-10-09, 21:53
Do you know for sure that the 1841 marriage is the right one, Zoe?

kiterunner
18-10-09, 21:56
Harriet jr's baptism is on the IGI:
Harriet Osborne Jackman born 5 Oct 1836, christened 19 Oct 1836 St John the Baptist with Saint Ann, Buxton, Derby, parents Henry Jackman and Harriet.

So I was thinking if you aren't sure that the 1841 marriage is correct, they could be Henry Jackman and Harriet Bailey who got married 1 Dec 1834 St Peter at Arches, Lincoln.

Merry
19-10-09, 06:19
Maybe Harriet senr's maiden name was Osborne?

samesizedfeet
19-10-09, 11:18
At work at the minute so not entirely sure where I got the marriage from. WIll check when I get home

samesizedfeet
19-10-09, 20:47
Well, I thought that I would have got the information on Harriet from a book I have about the Jackman family but I've just re-read it and it's not in there so I'm stumped at what I did.

I have managed to find Henry on the 1841 census and he's living with a Hannah Jackman aged 35 and Sarah Jackman aged 4. Two more spanners in the workings.

He doesn't have a sister called Hannah and I don't have marriages yet for his two brothers Charles and George.

I'm meant to be asleep as I"m up at 5am!! Probably still be here in 4 hours