PDA

View Full Version : William Hatch MFFMFF

ElizabethHerts
11-05-12, 07:59
MFFMFF

I have been given a tree for the Hatches going right back to 1595, however William Hatch is the weak link as I haven't been able to verify the information I have been given. Some of the information has been taken from the BTs. However, some vital information, such as his baptism, is missing.

link to his wife
http://www.genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=12909&highlight=Ursula+Hatch

link to his son
http://www.genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=8995&highlight=Aaron+Hatch

Name - "official" name and what they were known as
William Hatch

Date and place of birth
c. 1737 according to a contact. The Hatch family came from Bramshaw on the Wiltshire/Hampshire border

Names of parents
According to a contact, William's parents were William Hatch and Christian Winter. I need to verify this

Date and place of baptism
Not given by my contact

Details of each of his or her marriages - if any
A contact has informed me that William Hatch married first Mary Petty on 16 Feb 1756. I haven't verified this or established if there was more than one William Hatch in contention.

Ursula Eldridg(e)
09 Jun 1768
Bramshaw,Wiltshire,England

Children:
Ursula chr. 8 Jan 1769
Ann 3 Oct 1770
Moses chr. 12 Jun 1771
Aaron 25 May 1774
Sarah 15 Sep 1776
Joseph 24 Oct 1781
Mary 8 Jun 1783
Ann 17 Nov 1784
Hannah chr. 3 Jun 1787
George chr. 18 Jul 1790

Occupation(s)
not known

Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK)
Bramshaw, Wiltshire

Date, place and cause of death
not known

Date and place of burial
Not found, although I have the burial of William's wife, Ursula

Details of will / administration of their estate - if applicable
not found

Memorial inscription
not known

ElizabethHerts
11-05-12, 08:41
There are two possible burials:

Day: 25
Month: Nov
Year: 1806
Surname: Hatch
Forename: William
Parish: Bramshaw
County: Hampshire

Day: 16
Month: Oct
Year: 1836
Surname: Hatch
Forename: William
Parish: Bramshaw
County: Hampshire
Notes:
Record source: Hampshire Burials
Data provider: Hampshire Genealogical Society

kiterunner
13-05-12, 15:49
Have you had a look at the Wiltshire Wills Index, Elizabeth? There are some Hatch entries from Bramshaw including a William Hatch senior, yeoman, 1754, and another William Hatch senior from 1778. One of them could be your William's father?

http://history.wiltshire.gov.uk/heritage/

It looks as though it costs £5 for each will and you get to view the images online as soon as you pay for them.

ElizabethHerts
13-05-12, 16:08
Kate, many thanks for that. Yes, I have both the wills and have transcribed them both. Both had sons called William and both seem to have married twice, if I recall correctly. I must got back and check them though - I can't remember all the details.

The William of this thread seems to have been the only one in this line not to have left a will - at least I haven't found one yet. His son Aaron Hatch did.

ElizabethHerts
25-09-13, 12:12
Could this be William's baptism:

3 October 1742 Southwick, Hampshire
Father William Hatch

His father William Hatch was probably born/baptised there and his grandfather William Hatch was given as from Southwick when he married in Winchester.