PDA

View Full Version : Anne Phedon (or Pheadon or Feadon)

marquette
21-04-12, 11:20
Name - "official" name and what they were known as
Ann on marriage maiden name recorded as PHEDON, but also recorded as PHEADON, PEDAN, PEDEN, and FEADON (could be others I haven't found)

Date and place of birth
probably April 1791, Martock, Somerset

Names of parents
John Phedon and Mary Indoe (or Inder)

Date and place of baptism - if applicable
8 May 1791, All Saints, Martock Somerset

Details of each of his or her marriages - if any
1) to William Rodford (1781-1819) at All Saints Martock, 24 Jan 1809
2) to Joseph Oram (1780 -1864) All Saints Martock, 5 Jan 1824

Children: Thomas Rodford, George Rodford, James Rodford, Mary Oram, Joseph Oram, William Oram.

link to husband William Rodford - http://www.genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=13254&highlight=rodford

link to son James Rodford - http://www.genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=8469&highlight=rodford

Occupation(s) - if any

Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!).

1841 - Hamlet of Milton, parish of Martock, Somerset.

1851 - Milton Falconbridge, part of Ash, Martock Somerset ("pauper, formerly agricultural laborer")

Date, place and cause of death
22 May 1860, Milton, Martock Somerset

Date and place of burial.
23 May 1860, Holy Trinity, Ash Martock, Somerset

Details of will / administration of their estate - if applicable
Memorial inscription - if any
none known

marquette
27-04-12, 07:55
Oooh, I think I found where the Phedons came from - there are PEADONS in Chard and nearby Thorncombe and Allington in Dorset, lots of them in Free REG !

Now I guess I will never be able to prove that Richard Peadon baptised in 1737 in Chard is the same one who turned up to get married in Martock Somerset as Richard PEDEN in 1761.

But I will be looking for him everywhere to see if I can prove or disprove him.