PDA

View Full Version : ? Peter's parents

Sue at the seaside
08-04-12, 19:10
I just wondered if some kind soul could have a look for a baptism for me, I'm trying to find out this chap's parents with no luck!

Peter McCandlish c1801, from census and death records. in Marylebone.
He married Catherine Kettle in 1832 and died in 1868.

Or any ideas where I can look, (done freereg, IGI and ancestry)

I know some of you have done wonders with this family before especially when the name gets spelt incorrectly!

HarrysMum
08-04-12, 22:08
Sue.....all I can find is a marriage between a Peter McCandlish and Frances Sutcliff in 1795 in Manchester, Chesire.

Maybe his parents???? Certainly not enough to say, but maybe pencil them in.

HarrysMum
08-04-12, 22:10
Sorry....I posted before I finished. They were both aged 25. Peter was a cotton spinner and Frances was a widow.

Sue from Southend
09-04-12, 07:18
Have you seen that Peter and Catherine's marriage Licence is showing on FMP? You have send off for to SoG for the details and pay £10. It might give more information but I sent for one recently and got nothing new for my money.....

Merry
09-04-12, 07:36
A couple called Wm and Christian had a child bap at Marylebone a few years earlier. Even if they are not Peter's parents, they may well be relatives.

Sue at the seaside
09-04-12, 12:27
A couple called Wm and Christian had a child bap at Marylebone a few years earlier. Even if they are not Peter's parents, they may well be relatives.

That's interesting, I'll have a look at that, thanks Merry

Sue at the seaside
09-04-12, 12:31
Have you seen that Peter and Catherine's marriage Licence is showing on FMP? You have send off for to SoG for the details and pay £10. It might give more information but I sent for one recently and got nothing new for my money.....

There is an image for this marriage on Ancestry that I've got, but no parent's mentioned! I know what you mean about sending for a document and it giving no more info at all. If it was my family I'd probably blow the money, but as it's someone else's perhaps not. Thanks for looking