PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Rosedale

Rosedale
17-03-12, 18:19
Thomas was husband to Mary Rigby (http://www.genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=13658)

Name - "official" name and what they were known as
Thomas Rosedale

Date and place of birth
From 1803-1811, unfortunately the parish records for Backford where Thomas Rosedale and his family were originally from are missing births from 1800-1815.

Names of parents
George Rosedale, labourer and Frances Wynne.

Date and place of baptism - if applicable
N/A as stated under birth details.

Details of each of his or her marriages - if any
He married Mary Rigby, 15 August 1848 in Shotwick, Cheshire. This is how I found out his parents' details.

Occupation(s) - if any
Agricultural Labourer

Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!).
1841 - Lea by Backford. 1851 - Great Saughall. 1861 - Rose Farm Cottage, Great Mollington. In 1871 he is sleeping in a barn on Fidler's Lane, Little Saughall.

Date, place and cause of death
19 December 1872, I believe in Chester Workhouse. Unsure of cause.

Date and place of burial.
N/A

Details of will / administration of their estate - if applicable
N/A

Memorial inscription - if any
I haven't come across any gravestone whilst looking in the cemeteries around that area.

kiterunner
18-03-12, 11:08
What's his marital status on his marriage to Mary? He would be quite old for a first marriage so I'm wondering if he was a widower?

His birthplace is Mollington on all the censuses (which was in the parish of Backford.) Have you tried the Bishop's Transcripts to see whether the baptism is in those?