PDA

View Full Version : Henry Berrisford (FFMMMF)

BlueSavannah
18-02-12, 11:47
Very sorry that most of this information is vague as i've not really done much with this man at the moment.

Name - "official" name and what they were known as: Henry Berrisford (Berresford/Beresford etc)

Date and place of birth: 1820c, Heanor or Loscoe, Derbyshire

Names of parents: Unsure, possibly Samuel Berrisford & Ann ?

Date and place of baptism: Unsure, there is a baptism of a Henry Berrisford at St Lawrence, Heanor, on the 12th March 1818 which could be him. This gives the parents as Samuel & Ann.

Details of each of his or her marriages: Looks like he married 3 times.
1st Marriage to Maria King, Sept Q 1843, Basford, Volume 15, Page 561
2nd Marriage to Harriet Barker, Mar Q 1864, Belper, Volume 7b, Page 583
3rd Marriage to Ann Bailey, Mar Q 1885, Basford, Volume 7b, Page 149

Occupation(s): Framework Knitter / Road Labourer

Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!).
1841: Likely one is of a Henry Berresford aged 20 in Langley, Heanor, with an Ann Berresford who is likely his mother.
1851: Heanor, Derbyshire. Henry is with wife Maria and is aged 31. Birth place given as Loscoe.
1861: Not Found. Page could be missing :rolleyes:
1871: Langley, Heanor. Now with 2nd wife Harriet. Age given as 48 and born Heanor.
1881: Loscoe Road, Heanor. Henry is aged 60, born Heanor. He and Harriet are lodging with George & Elizabeth Eley.

Date, place and cause of death: Most likely death is Henry Berresford, Aged 78, June Q 1896, Basford, Volume 7b, Page 80

Date and place of burial: A burial which ties in with the above death is Henry Beresford, Age 78, who was buried at St Lawrence, Heanor, on the 1st June 1896

Details of will / administration of their estate: None

Memorial inscription: Unknown.

Link to great x 3 grandmother: http://www.genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=9944&highlight=elizabeth+berrisford

kiterunner
19-02-12, 14:22
If you get at least one of his marriage certificates, it should tell you whether his father's name was Samuel.

kiterunner
19-02-12, 14:25
First marriage is on FamilySearch - 3 Sep 1843 at Selston, Henry Berrisford / Maria King but they haven't transcribed the fathers' names. The other two marriages aren't on there as far as I can see - may have taken place at the register office, of course.

BlueSavannah
19-02-12, 15:51
Hi Kite.
The marriage cert to Maria King is one that was top of my list to purchase (Maria is my direct ancestors mother); however, with a baby that is now overdue, all money has had to be put towards baby and family history on hold.

I looked on Familysearch too and didnt see the marriage; I really dont like the new familysearch, I can never check properly.

kiterunner
19-02-12, 15:53
I might be able to look it up in the PRs if I manage to get to Notts Archives, Claire. Unfortunately they don't open on Mondays any more which used to be my favourite day to go!

BlueSavannah
19-02-12, 16:02
Thats very kind of you if you do manage to go and check the marriage; really appreciated.

I did notice that both Selston and Heanor come under Nottinghamshire as well as Derbyshire.

kiterunner
21-02-12, 18:06
3 Sep 1843 Selston St Helen - Henry Berrisford, full age, bachelor, FWK (= Framework Knitter), residence Codnor Park, father Samuel Berrisford, FWK, and Maria King, full age, spinster, residence Codnor Park, father William King, FWK, witnesses James Wilson and Lydia Birkanshaw.

BlueSavannah
22-02-12, 09:46
Kite,

Thank you so so much for looking up this marriage for me, I really appreciate the time you have taken to look at this for me :D