PDA

View Full Version : Nathan England (OH’s FFMMMF)

Langley Vale Sue
17-02-12, 15:08
Name - "official" name and what they were known as – Nathan England

Date and place of birth – about 1778, Devon, England, possibly Rockbeare.

Names of parents – probably George & Elizabeth (nee unknown) England

Date and place of baptism - probably 20 January 1778, Rockbeare, Devon

Details of each of his or her marriages – to Mary Jeffery on 2 February 1802 at Withycombe Raleigh, Devon.

Occupation(s) – Ag Lab?

Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!).
Eldest child born at Withycombe Raleigh, Devon in 1802. Two known daughters born in Broadclyst, Devon in 1805 & 1808. Son apparently born in Otterton, Devon in 1810, although he was baptised in Broadclyst.

Date, place and cause of death – probably 1842, Broadclyst, Devon, (there is a death registered in St Thomas district Jan 1842) although I can't find him on 1841 census.

Date and place of burial – probably St John the Baptist, Broadclyst.

Details of will / administration of their estate – not known

Memorial inscription – not known

Link to his daughter, Elizabeth England
http://www.genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=9943

kiterunner
18-02-12, 19:02
There's a Nathan England birth in 1840 in the same registration district as that 1842 death, and I can't see that Nathan on any census after 1841, so he might be the one who died in 1842 and maybe yours died before the start of civil registration.

Langley Vale Sue
19-02-12, 12:11
That Nathan England born 1840 was a grandson of 'my' Nathan. He was at least the 2nd child of 'my' Nathan's son to be named Nathan and there are nephews & cousins named Nathan as well! I'll go through my notes to see if I have a marriage or death for the one born in 1840. I wish they'd been a little more adventurous with the names they gave their children!