PDA

View Full Version : Help on any census........

samesizedfeet
14-10-09, 16:44
I'm losing the will to live with these two.....

John Henry Hodson born abt 1825 in Ireland
(prob Dublin as that's where his siblings are from)

Married Mary Fealey in 1846. She was born "London" about 1826

He is an "artist" (prob means performing artist rather than painter)

she is an actress

I have them in 1851 Scotland census living in Glasgow with her father Richard Fealey

And then nothing. Nada. Zilch. I can't spot them anywhere on census, deaths, anything.

tyia
Z

kiterunner
14-10-09, 16:48
Do you think they could have moved back to Ireland? Maybe they'll turn up on the Irish 1901 when it goes online.

samesizedfeet
14-10-09, 16:57
Possibly.

He's a real anomaly in the family. Up until LMA came on I wasn't even 100% convinced he was real as he appeared on the 1841 and then nothing.
All the other siblings who were performers as well I could find loads on in newspapers on Gale but no John/Henry/Harry Hodson at all.

LMA has confirmed he was the son of George Alfred Hodson but compared to his siblings he doesn't appear to have made much success of his performing.

I'll have another go at getting a Gale trial and see if he's just well hidden. Maybe he gave up the acting very quickly.

MargaretMarch
14-10-09, 18:52
I'll have another go at getting a Gale trial and see if he's just well hidden. Maybe he gave up the acting very quickly.
Lancashire Libraries is open to all comers and they have a Gale subscription.
Margaret

samesizedfeet
14-10-09, 19:15
ooooh - thanks Margaret. I'll see if they'll have me

KiwiChris
15-10-09, 05:12
They have me Zoe and have invited me to call in some time and collect my card. It is on my list of things to do before I die! :D

They know where I live BTW!