PDA

View Full Version : Ann

Jill
10-02-12, 17:54
Mother of Fanny Goddard (not featured before on G F)

Name - "official" name and what they were known as
Ann
Date and place of birth
?
Names of parents
?
Date and place of baptism - if applicable
?
Details of each of his or her marriages
James Goddard, details unknown, (but if I get the Sussex Marriage Index CD which is on my birthday list, all may be revealed) Well, I got it and found nothing!
Occupation(s) - if any
?
Addresses where they lived - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on, if applicable.
Cuckfield Place, Cuckfield, Sussex (her husband was a gardener there, address was given on children’s baptisms in 1808 & 1813)
Date, place and cause of death
May be the same Ann Goddard buried Cuckfield 10 May 1843 aged 77 “of Hurstpierpoint”, a woman of the same age was living in Ansty (part of Cuckfield parish) in 1841 with a family named Burtenshaw.
Date and place of burial / cremation.
?
Details of will / administration of their estate - if applicable
None found
Memorial inscription - if any
?

kiterunner
12-02-12, 10:27
There's a baptism on FamilySearch for a John Goddard 14 Nov 1802 also at Cuckfield, parents James and Ann.

Jill
23-08-13, 18:39
Thankyou Kiterunner, I've just come back to this on order to do Ann's husband James' parents on Take one 5x ggp only to realise I omitted James Goddard on the 4x ggp.

As I've now got a Cuckfield parish register CD I can see that the son John you found died in 1818 bur 18 Aug at Cuckfield.

I now also have the Sussex Marriage Index and there is no marriage for a James Goddard to Ann anywhere. They had another son, Willam bap at Woodmancote in 1798 (which is not far from James's birth parish of Newtimber) and their last child was George bap Cuckfield 1813 whose son David was informant on aunt Fanny Goddard's (http://www.genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=16189&highlight=fanny+goddard) death cert.