PDA

View Full Version : Parish Maps

Muggins in Sussex
06-02-12, 05:38
Is there an easy way of finding out which parishes adjoined another in 1919?

I am particularly interested in Cheshire, Lancashire and West Yorkshire.

Thanks

Oakum Picker
06-02-12, 06:29
Allen & Thompson published contiguous parishes for many counties in the late 90s. These include Cheshire, Lancashire & Yorkshire split into the Ridings. They aren't for a specific date, just what they were when published I would assume. I bought mine when I started Family History for £1 each from the same Record Office (can't remember which one) & along with Parish maps of the counties have proved invaluable.

Amazon apparently sell them but don't seem to have a single one in stock.

kiterunner
06-02-12, 07:47
Have you tried on here, Joan?

https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/England_Maps

(click on "Interactive maps" on that page)

ElizabethHerts
06-02-12, 08:04
That's great, Kate, especially for parishes that are close to county boundaries.

Muggins in Sussex
07-02-12, 06:12
Allen & Thompson published contiguous parishes for many counties in the late 90s. These include Cheshire, Lancashire & Yorkshire split into the Ridings. They aren't for a specific date, just what they were when published I would assume. I bought mine when I started Family History for £1 each from the same Record Office (can't remember which one) & along with Parish maps of the counties have proved invaluable.

Amazon apparently sell them but don't seem to have a single one in stock.

Thanks Glen :) That sounds exactly what I was looking for! - I'll have a Google and see if I can find anwhere that sells them

Have you tried on here, Joan?

https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/England_Maps

(click on "Interactive maps" on that page)

That's great, Kate, especially for parishes that are close to county boundaries.

And thanks Kite and Elizabeth - no I hadn't looked on Family Search - I rarely go there as I think that the most of the records will not be recent enough for me :d

But I'll certainly have a look at that link