PDA

View Full Version : The Missing Hairyes Family?

zoenel
04-02-12, 19:52
Hi everyone hope everyone is well? I Have conudrum.! apolgies for coming back so soon, thankyou for the tremendous work this site has put in for me.and as this the best site online I thought id better ask for help with this latest twist in my research. I have just been on a site called family search.org. and when searching the hairyes surname.

I found a harry h hairyes on 1910 cneunus who was born 7 yeras before my famly went to america.very exciting! im now wondering if it is a missing link to my famiy and id like your help please to find this family the only info i have unfortunatley is harry h hairyes born 1876 in new jersey (parents born new jersey) living in 1910 in penberton burlington,new jersey in 1910 with his wife olive hairyes born 1886 new jersey and children mirtle born 1910 elizbeth born 1907 harry hairyes jrn born 1905 and rebbeca born 1901.any help would be gratefully recived.

Merry
04-02-12, 20:05
Have you looked from him on the 1880 US census which is also on Family Search?

zoenel
04-02-12, 20:09
No I apolgize for that ,i just put his name the search section and just the one cenus apppearded 1910.but im hoopeless at understanding of that site qute embaressing, apolgies.

Merry
04-02-12, 20:19
So you have only seen a transcription of the census entry, not the actual census page?

zoenel
04-02-12, 20:51
yes just a transcription of the cucus entry

zoenel
04-02-12, 21:10
Can any other members help me trace if this is my missing family please? many thanks from zoe

Merry
04-02-12, 21:26
I've never used Ancestry at the library - surely you can view the census image there?

zoenel
04-02-12, 21:43
well i was hoping the experts in here could check if its the right spelling or even rightsurname for me becise im not good at reading the manuscripts or cencus records.ive only came on here because i need genuine help checking if harry a hairyes is my family or not.please help

Merry
04-02-12, 21:47
Sorry, I don't have US Ancestry so can't look.

Couldn't you look at the library and get someone else there to look over your shoulder at the image? it's much better (and more satisfying) to look yourself with someone's help than to just take our word for anything!!

kiterunner
04-02-12, 22:18
Their surname is clearly Haines on the 1920 census, so that vertical line that makes it look like a "y" on the 1910 census is just a mark on the page, not part of the name.

Merry
04-02-12, 22:22
In which case this is probably him in 1880 (Family Search):

Harry Haines
United States Census, 1880
birth: 1876 New Jersey, United States
residence: 1880 Southampton, Burlington, New Jersey
parents: Alexander Haines, Rebecca A. Haines

and not to do with your tree.

zoenel
05-02-12, 09:59
thanks for taking the time and effot to trancribe the surname through a little dissapointing theres no match. to my family.i will be continueing my research at the library and thanks to this site and its members I have a vast body of work to work on,.this is the best site online and wish everyone good luck with your research and a prosperouss new year.best wishes from zoe