PDA

View Full Version : Levi Booth (FMMMFF)

BlueSavannah
04-02-12, 12:36
Name - "official" name and what they were known as: Levi Booth

Date and place of birth: Aprox 1804c, Bradfield, South Yorkshire

Names of parents: Joseph Booth & Martha unknown surname

Date and place of baptism: Not found. Searched through Bradfield parish records and although all of Levi's siblings baptisms are there, Levi's isnt :(

Details of each of his or her marriages: 19th July 1833 at St Peter & Paul (Cathedral), Sheffield, to Ann Cooke. Witnessed by Joseph Cooke & Joseph Hudson (a regular witness of this church)

Occupation(s): Stone Worker, Cow Doctor, General Labourer

Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!):
1831: Lane Head, Bradfield, South Yorkshire. Militia List gives Levi's age as 26, a labourer with no children.
1841: Dobb Carr, Bradfield, South Yorks. With wife and older children, but living with his own parents, Joseph & Martha.
1851: Dobb Carr, Bradfield, South Yorks. Aged 47, with wife and children, and also father Joseph.
1861: Folderings, Bradfield, South Yorks. Aged 57.
1871: Folderings, Bradfield, South Yorks. Aged 65.

Date, place and cause of death: 27th June 1878, presumed Bradfield (date of death given on Levi's gravestone)

Date and place of burial: 30th June 1878 at St Nicholas, Bradfield, South Yorks.

Details of will / administration of their estate: None known.

Memorial inscription: Levi Booth who died June 27th 1878 aged 76 years. The winter of trouble is past, the storms of affliction is o'er; His struggles are ended at last, and sorrow and death are no more. (Levi is buried with his wife Ann, and son George).

Link to Great x 3 Grandfather, Joseph Booth: http://www.genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=8463&highlight=joseph+booth

kiterunner
04-02-12, 22:51
There are quite a few public trees on ancestry giving his mother's maiden name as Cawthorne though of course they may not be right.

BlueSavannah
05-02-12, 08:22
Hi Kite,

I've seen quite a few of those tree but none seen to evidence where they got Cawthorne from. I have also seen Tingle mentioned a couple of times elsewhere.

Joseph & Martha's marriage is one I would like to find, i've been looking for a few years now.