PDA

View Full Version : How did I know that?

Merry
13-10-09, 15:58
BK6 updated from this thread

I've got a bit of paper detailing a family I'm sure I'm related to, but don't know how they fit in to my tree yet.

I've written down that the father of the groom at this marriage (below) was called James Millwood, but as it's not recorded on the IGI record, I don't know how I know that :o Any ideas???

WILLIAM MILLWOOD
Male Family
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marriages:
Spouse: ANN FREDERICA WALTHEW Family
Marriage: 06 MAY 1850 Saint James, Westminster, London, England

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extracted marriage record for locality listed in the record

kiterunner
13-10-09, 16:01
It's not in the LMA records on ancestry, is it?

Phoenix
13-10-09, 16:13
Found on a subsequent census?

Guessed????

Merry
13-10-09, 16:37
Guessed????

*looks shocked* lol

I wouldn't have any way of guessing. There's no name I need it to be!

It's not on the LMA records as far as I can see and this note was probably written six months ago. If you asked me, I would say the father's name was on the IGI record - I can remember thinking it was probably not worth getting the cert now I knew the father's name, but then thinking the witnesses and his occ might be useful. I remember actually feeling slightly irritated that I had been told one bit of info, making the £7 somehow less worthwhile.

Maybe it's the McCrery curse again, as this couple named their youngest son Robert Francis, which may have been in memory of the husband of William's relative (don't know what relative!), Sarah Millwood who married Robert Francis McCrery :confused:

If it's not the curse, then maybe it's me?!!! lol

kiterunner
13-10-09, 16:43
It's in the "England & Wales Marriages" database on ancestry, which is taken from the BIVRI if I remember rightly.

Merry
13-10-09, 16:44
Oooh, is it!!! Thanks very much! lol

See, I knew you would know :p:D