PDA

View Full Version : Old familysearch site taking you to the new one.

JayG
31-01-12, 18:39
I'm trying to find baptisms of children with parents X & Y, & a certain batch/film number.

The old site keeps taking me to the new one & I get no results, even tho there's at least one result as i've found that child on the old site & that's where the batch film numbers are from!

Can we not search the old site in this way now??

Olde Crone
31-01-12, 19:03
I haven't been able to get to the old site for a couple of days now, most annoying. I knew where I was with the old site, haven't a clue where I am with the new one!

However, you CAN search by batch number on the new site. I think batch number is under advanced search on the main page.

The other way in by batch number is to use the Hugh Wallis site. It takes you to the new site, but only to the batch you select.

OC

JayG
31-01-12, 19:15
I've got batch number P002421 with related to a baptism of Elizabeth Walton 1787, Allendale, Northumberland, parents William & Margaret.

That batch number appears not to be on the new site as I don't get any search results.

I've got used to the new site, or I thought I had LOL

JayG
31-01-12, 19:18
Just tried selecting the batch number from the Hugh Wallis site which then transfers you to the new familysearch site & still don't get any results!

WendyPusey
31-01-12, 19:51
I can get a list of baptisms for William & Margaret on the old site, but can't get any if I put in the batch no.

WendyPusey
31-01-12, 19:53
Now it says Maintenance and I can't look at any!

I have a printout of the list if it's of any use to you.

Olde Crone
31-01-12, 19:56
Yesterday it told me there were no records at all for Lincoln!

Someone's obviously broken it.....

OC

Merry
31-01-12, 20:02
I can get a list of baptisms for William & Margaret on the old site, but can't get any if I put in the batch no.

Snap!

JayG
31-01-12, 20:04

Snap!

So are these baptisms all at Allendale or the whole of the County/Country?

WendyPusey
31-01-12, 20:07
The list are mostly Allendale but two or three elsewhere. Can't look at the results so don't know if they belong to the same family.

23 results

Merry
31-01-12, 20:22
18 of the 23 are Allendale and within a time frame they could all be the same family (several duplicated entries)

JayG
31-01-12, 20:30
Thanks all.

I'll have another look later in the weeks & see if the batch 'appears' on the new site.