PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound plausible?

Kit
25-01-12, 02:46
My 5g grandma is Elizabeth Allen, nee Watkins.

She married James Allen in St Erth Cornwall 1789. The parish register says she is of the parish and one of the witnesses is Philip Watkins.

In 1841 she is living with her daughter Ann Trevithick and the census says she is 70 and born in Cornwall.

I can't find Elizabeth on the 1851 nor can I find a death for her as the few I thought likely can be discounted after looking at the parish registers.

Given the rounding of ages on the 1841 census Elizabeth could be born between 1766-1771.

There is only one Elizabeth Watkins born in that period, that I have found, by looking at the registers, Cornwall OPC and familysearch.

This Elizabeth was baptised at Feock in 1770, father Mr Phillip Watkins, no mother. However there are about 6 older childer to a Philip and Mary Watkins, all at Feock.

In 1782 a Philip Watkins marries a Jane Williams at Feock and the register says that he is from St Erth. All their children are baptised at St Erth from 1783 to 1796.

Is it likely that the Elizabeth born to Philip Watkins is mine?

HarrysMum
25-01-12, 03:13
I'd say it's very likely, but you never know.

Kit
25-01-12, 05:15
ok then I'll follow the new familes and see if it provides any more links or hints.

Kit
26-01-12, 08:45
following an entirely incorrect approach I'm sure the families are connected as I'm having as much trouble following them as Elizabeth. :d:d