PDA

View Full Version : Address query for Benjamin Varley Cox

mustangan
18-01-12, 17:02
Source Citation: Class: BT26; Piece: 1370; Item: 61 (Ancestry)

Found this record for Benjamin Varley Cox,dated 1956,on it he states his address in the Uk as American Express,London.
My Husbands gran is his cousin and she said on his return he lived South Street,Cloughfold,Lancashire.
Does anyone have any idea why he gave American Express as his address ?

kiterunner
18-01-12, 17:12
I don't think there is an easy way of finding a record on ancestry using the references that you give but it is the UK Incoming Passenger Lists database, if anyone else is having trouble finding it.

Maybe the family hadn't definitely fixed where they were going to live when they got back and so they gave American Express as a correspondence address so any mail would be held there for them.

Merry
18-01-12, 17:33
Thanks goodness you came to the rescue! I was going crazy wondering what that ref was and why I couldn't find Anything under his full name!

Merry
18-01-12, 17:34
I agree with Kate's suggestion.

mustangan
18-01-12, 17:48
Sorry i thought the ref numbers would lead you to it,his wife and child had travelled previouly and had gave a home address and then when all 3 were together they gave the above address,thanks for your answers .

Janet
18-01-12, 20:17
That's right. When my family spent four months traveling through many countries in 1959-60 we received mail directed to Thos. Cook & Son who were acting as our travel agent. I think it was pretty commonly done in those days.

mustangan
19-01-12, 00:18
thanks Janet .