PDA

View Full Version : trying to contact hairyes family on ancestry!

zoenel
11-01-12, 12:49
hi everyone, i thought id try and connect with hairyes family tree holders on ancestry uk to swap information and perhaps photographs at the libarary today.and it states on my computer that i must join ancestry to connceti am a meberof ancetsry but not a paid member,there a people who have hairyes family in there trees that id like to connect with, can anyone messgae these familys on my behalf.i dont have enough money to become a fully paid up member,im at a complete loss of what to do,please help. thanks from zoe

Merry
11-01-12, 13:10
What about Genes Reunited? You are a paid up member on there, aren't you?

zoenel
11-01-12, 13:16
thanks merry i am i have allreay contacted every hairyes family member on there over a 2 year period,but i noticed on ancestrsy on one of the trees someone has a photo attacted of hannah hairyes,and as we discussed yesteday that be magnifcent to own.im willing to swap all of my hairyes phototgraphs.and it would a nice way to meet new family and swap information.i printed out the information you helped with yesterday at the libaray so i am spuurred on to continue but frustartingly cant get in touch with anyone on ancestry,id be willing to give my email address if soemone could send an intial contact,i know its a lot o ask,many thanks from zoe

Merry
11-01-12, 13:21
The only tree I can see with a 'photo' attached to the file of Hannah Hairyes only has a 'photo' of her 1911 census entry. Did you note down the name of the tree owner/name of the tree?

zoenel
11-01-12, 13:34
the tate family tree and the barnes family tree for hannah hairyes.would you like my email addres? thanks

Merry
11-01-12, 13:37
BTW, didn't you say you don't have your tree anywhere online? Don't you have it on Genes Reunited?

maggie_4_7
11-01-12, 13:38
I have a couple of non-paying invitees to my trees and they can still contact me also I have had non paying members contact me unless it is now changed!!!

Merry
11-01-12, 13:47
Maggie, do you mean on GR or Ancestry?

maggie_4_7
11-01-12, 13:50
Ancestry.

Merry
11-01-12, 13:53
Thanks Maggie. I don't know if it's changed, because I've been a paid up member for years. I don't have my tree on there, so obviously I've never had a contact from anyone. I've never tried to contact anyone else either! lol

zoenel
11-01-12, 13:53
i wish i could conact them just comes up must be a paying member and 3 options of payment,very frustrating to say the least. your right i did put up a tree up on genes about 3 years ago,apoligies jsut didnt think it approtraite as some of the information is innacurate and have used box file for last 2 years.you can view it if you like dont know how to go about it if it is any help to future resaerch, please use it. ive sent my email adress through pm do you think you can ask those family trees on ancestry please?

Merry
11-01-12, 13:55
I can't view your GR tree as I'm no longer a paid up member of GR!

A lot of people here use Family Tree Maker to store their info.

zoenel
11-01-12, 14:05
just typical of me to get things wrong way around! ha ha.isthere any way you could pass a message on ances try tothe the tate family tree and the barnes family tree please with my email adress and me williang to give and swap photos and evidence ive obtained so far? explaining my situation! and that im a member here and want to communicate with other family,mmany thanks from ncholas

Margaret in Burton
11-01-12, 14:09
I think the problem contacting people on Ancestry stems from the fact that Zoe is using the library edition of Ancestry.

Margaret in Burton
11-01-12, 14:12
I can't view your GR tree as I'm no longer a paid up member of GR!

A lot of people here use Family Tree Maker to store their info.

There are also free downloads of family tree programs like PDF and Legacy. There is also Tribal Pages to have it online as well as Ancestry. You don't have to pay to have a tree on Tribal Pages.

zoenel
11-01-12, 14:32
thanks margeret, i have my pc at home and just tried again when trying to send a message on ancestry it autoatically takes me a page of options to become a a paying member of ancestery and states in top left corner,you cant sned a message unless you use one of these payment methods! that is why i menetioned help withconatcing people i know everyones trying to help,just jolly frustrating not been able to send a message,many thanks from zoe

zoenel
11-01-12, 14:33
thats intresting about having a tree on tribal pages, thanks for your invulable information as allways.

Margaret in Burton
11-01-12, 15:08
thats intresting about having a tree on tribal pages, thanks for your invulable information as allways.

http://www.tribalpages.com

You can invite people to view it or keep it as private as you like.

Merry
11-01-12, 16:15
You can take out a free 14 day trial of Ancestry. Just remember to cancel within the time frame if you don't want to subscribe.

Margaret in Burton
11-01-12, 16:18
You can take out a free 14 day trial of Ancestry. Just remember to cancel within the time frame if you don't want to subscribe.

Good point, hadn't thought of that.

zoenel
11-01-12, 16:42
thanks guys i had Two free trials one for my husband and for me.and it still didnt allow me to message ither tree owners on ancestry. this is my last chanch all i am asking is is for a member of ancestry to pass a message on for me ive tried every available route.please can a member on here put a message up on the family trees ive mentioned on ths thread. this site has been great for me thus far im only asking for one tiny favour. my frustaration is rising once again. i can see the tree holders in front of me on ancestry but cant contact them.can somebody please help me/ many thanks from Zoe

Merry
11-01-12, 16:44
Zoe, have you actually looked at the trees?

zoenel
11-01-12, 17:24
i can see the name of the tree holder but cant send message or view trees.tate family tree. barnes family tree. thanks ive never seen the trees

ElizabethHerts
11-01-12, 17:48
Is your free trial activated, or do you have to wait a while? I'm wondering if things will become visible after a certain time - or not! LOL

Margaret in Burton
11-01-12, 18:05
If you have a 14 day trial you have access to everything including trees and messaging.

You must have done something wrong.

Margaret in Burton
11-01-12, 18:06
Also you won't be able to view the tree if it's a private one only if it's a public one. You can only view a private tree is the owner allows it.

Olde Crone
11-01-12, 18:10
I think Zoe means she has had a free trial at some other time and cannot have another one.

I've just searched Ancestry - I'm not a paying member either - and I can see the trees listed but cannot view them. Both the trees are Public trees, so anyone with a paid sub should be able to see them.

(I've also had a look on Mundia, to see if they are on there, but the search criterion seems to be missing????).

OC

kiterunner
11-01-12, 18:10
I believe that Zoe is saying that she's already used her free 14-day trial before and so she can't take one out now.

Margaret in Burton
11-01-12, 18:13
I believe that Zoe is saying that she's already used her free 14-day trial before and so she can't take one out now.

I think Zoe means she has had a free trial at some other time and cannot have another one.

I've just searched Ancestry - I'm not a paying member either - and I can see the trees listed but cannot view them. Both the trees are Public trees, so anyone with a paid sub should be able to see them.

(I've also had a look on Mundia, to see if they are on there, but the search criterion seems to be missing????).

OC

I think you can if you use a different email address, but she also said she could view trees or contact anyone when she did have the 14 day trial. At least that's the way I read it.

ElizabethHerts
11-01-12, 18:21
I've read it again now, and it would appear that Zoe no longer has the benefit of the free trial.

I'm afraid I only have FMP at present. I have a tree on Ancestry, so does my daughter, and I can access trees I have permissions for, but that is all.

zoenel
11-01-12, 18:27
apoligies everyone just to specfy- I have had 2 free trial on my email adress and my hubbys! i cant get another one because ive had one recently.

I cannot view the trees with hairyes family on (tate family tree/barnes family tree) or send a message,as stated the screen comes up with 3 payment options and states cant send message with out singing up to a payment plan

i wish to contact the tree holders in ancetsy to ask if they want to swap photograhs or research materiel also to interact with a possible family member. can any member in here message the famiy trees in ancestry ive ,emtioned for me and I will give my email adress,many thnaks from zoe

Merry
11-01-12, 18:47
Zoe, the owners of the two trees you are interested in on Ancestry are both members of Genes Reunited. I will pm you their member details, but I guess you will have already messaged them.

lozaras
11-01-12, 18:48
Zoe,
I have just sent messages to both tree owners - (they have both been active on the site in the last 2 days) telling them that someone on this site (I gave the address and told them it was free) has photos to share with them. I put 'Hannah Hairyes' as the subject of the message.

I don't want to become more involved than that.

If they want to contact you, they know how to now.

Good luck!

Merry
11-01-12, 18:50
Sarah, I think Zoe has already messaged both of them on GR.

lozaras
11-01-12, 18:57
:confused: - I thought she couldn't contact them, and that's why she wanted someone with ancestry membership to do it?

Olde Crone
11-01-12, 18:57
I've done a bit of searching on the ancestry trees, and neither tree holder seems to know as much as Zoe knows, so the contact might be quite disappointing.

(Or maybe they haven't put everything they know on their trees?)

OC

zoenel
11-01-12, 19:06
well thanks everyone thanks for putting my messages up and thanks to merry for the membership numbers ive checked my sent box on genes and it says i havent messaged these and i cant find them on genes reuintted my email address is -

[email protected] can anyone send this adress to the ancestry trees(tate family tree and barnes family tree) to contact me on? many thanks from zoe

kiterunner
11-01-12, 19:08
If they click on the link that Sarah has sent them, they will see your email address anyway now that you have posted it up on here, Zoe.

zoenel
11-01-12, 19:11
and if not they can message me here thanks to sarah.you guys have a been a massive help as allways.! I am now a step closer to contacting possible hairyes family members many thanks from zoe. goodnite all.

Merry
11-01-12, 19:24
i cant find them on genes reuintted

Zoe, you can't really be looking then. If you search for Hannah Hairyes on GR 'Search all trees' there are four matches and the last entry is for one of the two people I listed in my pm to you. If you search for William Hairyes the third one belongs to the other person in my pm.

As you said you had contacted "everyone" on GR I assumed you would have contacted both these two already. Maybe you should check again whether you have really contacted ALL the people with Hairyes entries in their trees.

lozaras
11-01-12, 21:03
Zoe,
I just had a message from one of the people from ancestry (can't remember which tree) asking for your email address so that they can open their tree to you, so I've sent it to them.

Fingers crossed for you!